New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I was in northern area of Makati a couple of nights ago at around 9:30 PM. The subdivision was unfamiliar territory for me but had to pick up an important document that same night. Not only was finding the destination address difficult but navigating through the closed roads was really stressful. There was no warning whatsoever that streets you enter on one end will be closed on the other end. With the crooked streets you can't really tell from afar if it's closed until you get stuck in the narrow streets with parked cars on both sides. By then you will have to maneuver from the small available driveways to get out of the dead end streets. Had to do the turnaround twice. And with the oversized SUV I was driving the tasked was doubly difficult.

It was not only I who was victimized by these possiblly illegal expropriation of public roads, there were several others who suffered the same fate that night.

I asked some people there when are the roads supposed to closed and I was told that they are closed beginning 10 PM. I guess some barangay tanods got lazy and wanted to call it a night much earlier then schedule without much thought (well I guess they don't do much of that).

Makati City seemed to be tolerating these traffic obstructions. In fact tents with names of politicians are frequent eyesores and effective road blocks further congesting the already poorly managed traffic in the city.

Any enterprising and thinking opposition to the current city administration can use this as an issue. For me I will just keep to my little rant and just accept that in this country the Peter Principle really works. And that's people tend to rise to their highest level of incompetence. Some make it all the way to the presidency, others as mayors but some will get stuck as barangay tanods.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ I can understand your frustration bro.,- dahil nangyari na rin sa akin iyan (to a lesser degree) dito the LPC.... There was no coordination in between gates so I ended up turning around after driving for a couple of Kms in a subdivision.....

7101:hooray:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is this legal? Some streets in Manila already have gates. Parang gated community na. Last night, I went to Sta.Mesa, muntik nakong di makalabas pauwi around 2am, kasi yung street sarado na daw from 12midnight to 4AM, buti na lang andun yung tanod. What if kung nakaronda yung tanod, and may lalabas na bisita. I know aware dito yung neighborhoods, but how about visitors. But that particularly street was open 10 years ago when I was staying there during my college days.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami rin sa Makati yan...just recently I also read a news article about this...hinde ko lang maalala kung saan
    Last edited by shadow; April 16th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    barangay ordinance. maraming kalsada nga dito sa sta. mesa ang sarado pag gabi, iwas daw sa magnanakaw... simula ng nauso kasi ang motor dumami daw ang hold-up, snatchng dito at bukas kotse, para daw di makalusot agad.

ok na din kasi nawala na yung nagkakarera na mga motor tuwing madaling araw dito sa kalsada namin. sarap ng tulog mo tapos biglang may ang ingay ingay na mga motor at tricycle.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AFAIK, depende kung barangay road, city street or national road.

Pag city street or national road, hindi puwedeng ipasara by a mere barangay ordinance. Baka naman barangay or private road lang kaya sarado.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I think once naging public ang isang kalye it should remain available for public use at all times. While I'm sure the residents are benefitted by the gating of the streets this is still illegal even if allowed by a barangay ordinance.

There's a similar thread here: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53919

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MOD's Note: Threads merged.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know the legal implications here but my take is that areas which are open to the public in the day time but closed at night (i.e. Makati Bangkal, UP/Teachers Village and Pasig Kapitloyo, Rockwell) do so mainly due to security and for peace and order. In these cases, its not much of a problem for me since there are still main roads to drive on to avoid the closed residential streets. It would be more of a concern if it involved closing a main thoroughfare used by the public without any acceptable alternate route. Even the UP campus, which has been open to traffic since time immemorial has been closed and entry is regulated due to the security incidents that have been occuring. Also, it appears to me that the barangays don't really close out the area to the public (unlike a private subdivision) but rather, they "regulate or manage" the entry to their area by closing off some access roads but there are some roads kept open and anyone can still enter or exit freely and this is done mainly so the barangay watchmen can monitor the traffic coming in and out at night.

If i was a resident in those areas that close at night, i would like that more of course.

On villages, i think if they don't vote to renew the corporate life of the associations then they become open to the public (or something like that).

meron din ganyan dito sa marikina, ung isang subdivision na sinasara ung gate sa gabi, di ko lang alam ano oras exactly, pero badtrip lang kasi, di naman kanila un. hehe.

pang shortcut kasi un

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Can Public Roads Be Closed for Exclusive Private Use by Homeowners????