New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Should have been accomplished a long time ago....

Same with SLEX to connect with STAR....

4606:rock:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Link between NLEX, SLEX underway

ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 07/16/2012 5:23 PM | Updated as of 07/17/2012 8:15 AM
    Tweet MANILA, Philippines - The government has asked for help from the Citra Metro Manila Tollways Corp. and the Metro Pacific Investments Corp. for solutions in the smooth implementation of road projects that will link-up the north and south expressways.

The Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) said that Pangilinan-led MPIC and San Miguel Corp.-backed CMMTC have already agreed to comply.

The road connector projects are expected to reduce travel time between North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)-South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).

The CMMTC earlier proposed to build a six-lane 14.2-kilometer (km) extension of the Integrated Skyway System from Buendia in Makati City to Balintawak in Quezon City.

This connector road will have exits in Quirino in Manila and Plaza Dilao, Aurora Boulevard, E. Rodriguez Ave., Quezon Boulevard, Sgt. Rivera, and Balintawak in Quezon City.

A connector road is also being offered by the Pangilinan group.

MPIC's proposal involves the construction of a 13.2-km overhead road via the Philippine National Railway (PNR) tracks passing through the busy streets of Manila.

Its own version will have four lanes and three exits that will be located in Quirino, Espana, and 5th Avenue. From there, the road would connect to another MPIC road project dubbed as the "Harbor Link," which is actually an extension of the NLEX. The Pangilinan group holds NLEX concession.

Although each firm’s proposal has a different alignment, both suggested a 3-km common area starting from Buendia in Makati City all the way to Plaza Dilao in Manila.

Meanwhile, authorities also met with the Ayala group for the Daang Hari-SLEX link road.

Ayala will submit revisions to its design in order to provide for SLEX expansion requirements.

"In line with the current administration's good governance platform, we are closely coordinating with both the government and private sector involved in these projects to ensure that we adhere to the President's 5R principle - Right project, Right time, Right cost, Right people and Right on time," TRB executive director Edmund Reyes said.
    Link between NLEX, SLEX underway | ABS-CBN News
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 17th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wangan midnight runs? ... anyone?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Wangan midnight runs? ... anyone?
    Isn't that what the Skyway is for? :p

C5 used to be Wangan material... before it got too crowded and built-up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everytime I enter EDSA after work, i long for a skyway from Makati to QC.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Isn't that what the Skyway is for? :p

C5 used to be Wangan material... before it got too crowded and built-up.
    Gosh, i miss those days when you'd be lined up at the front of the C-5 Kalayaan intersection (southbound) back in the mid 90's. When the light goes green the cars in the front row would make like a bat out of hell and could do anywhere between 140-170kph on the straights. Our LC80 and Galant VR m/t enjoyed that C5 stretch quite a lot (same goes for the SLEX portion after Carmona where it was quite open). Even my HS classmate with his Vanette running on undersized tires had it's daily run there on it's way home to BF (it may have been slow but it was cool for a HS kid to see the overeading speedo run at 160kph) :D
    Last edited by vinj; July 17th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    dina ata tuloy yun C-5 expressway binago na yun plan sa nlex-slex link...baka gawin sa ibabaw ng PNR railway yun daan

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Everytime I enter EDSA after work, i long for a skyway from Makati to QC.

Gosh, i miss those days when you'd be lined up at the front of the C-5 Kalayaan intersection (southbound) back in the mid 90's. When the light goes green the cars in the front row would make like a bat out of hell and could do anywhere between 140-170kph on the straights. Our LC80 and Galant VR m/t enjoyed that C5 stretch quite a lot (same goes for the SLEX portion after Carmona where it was quite open). Even my HS classmate with his Vanette running on undersized tires had it's daily run there on it's way home to BF (it may have been slow but it was cool for a HS kid to see the overeading speedo run at 160kph) :D
    Partida may pako pa yon

That would have been fun! Uphill, sweeping downhill, jump sa Palar, then straight to SLEX!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Partida may pako pa yon

That would have been fun! Uphill, sweeping downhill, jump sa Palar, then straight to SLEX!
    That "jump" was even worse back then since over the years they smoothed it out somewhat already. And wala pang mga jeepneys and pedestrians running across.

I was going over Google Maps and due to the generally cleared PNR railways, it should be faster for the MNTC proposal to be implemented it seems.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mas ok if ipapadaan nila sa ibabaw ng pnr railways yun nlex-slex expressway link di masyado affected yun mga major roads sa construction malalagyan pa ng parang bakod yun riles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
C5 Expressway (NLEX-SLEX Link)