New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Bonifacio Global City's new traffic rerouting scheme to take effect on March 1

Bonifacio Global City (BGC), also known as 'The Fort' to others, is rapidly growing into a major business and lifestyle hotspot in the metro. And with the growth comes extra vehicular traffic, that if left unmanaged, can quickly turn any city into a parking lot. So starting today, March 1, 2013, BGC is implementing a new traffic rerouting scheme that will hopefully ease the traffic flow along McKinley Parkway which leads to and from Forbes Park. (See map)

CLICK LINK TO CONTINUE: Bonifacio Global City's new traffic rerouting scheme to take effect on March 1
    source: Kotse.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll reserve judgement until drivers get used to it. As of this morning the bottleneck moved from McKinley cor 5th Ave to 24th Street cor 5th Ave (Sunlife). I suspect that the stoplight at 25th Street cor 5th Ave (Mini) was not re-timed to accommodate the increased flow from McKinley.

They should build Forbes its own left turn flyover

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gash im sick of the ILTaguig insignia. EPAL!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    parang useless naman tong scheme na to... they should also improve the traffic flow doon sa may IS/ British IS, paano tig isang tsikot mga bata doon...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any updates from the folks who regularly ply this route?

I was in BGC last Saturday -- but only in the St. Lukes/S&R to High Street areas. Plus it was a Saturday. I wonder how it was yesterday, the first Monday since the scheme's implementation.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I was on EDSA Kalayaan and it looked traffic going into BGC. I'd expect some traffic in the first few days as they adjust to the scheme.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Any updates from the folks who regularly ply this route?
    It "feels" faster. It looks like the regulars have gotten used to the scheme already. I'll be taking the bus on Thursday so I'll get a better feel of things.

Bonifacio Global City's new traffic rerouting scheme to take effect on March 1