New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    good day everyone

for the longest time, before nov 1, 2016 the beep card terminals at NLEX balintawak northbound were OFFLINE, but on nov 1, 2016, they are now ONLINE and the toll booth attendant said it was working, unfortunately my beep card has insufficient load since i was expecting it is still not working due that it has not yet been advertised to work...

I believe that a established prepaid system is the solution to reduced transaction time at the toll booth since its just tap and go, compared to paying in cash that takes time to verify and return the change...

I think the reason why NLEX did not advertise this new payment method is that they can justify the newly constructed additional toll booth at bocaue southbound...

have anyone of you tried this mode of payment already?

Last edited by Stigg ma; November 16th, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been using Easytrip since forever. No queues for the most part, unless someone mistakenly lines up on the Easytrip even if he was supposed to pay in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    What i want is a unified system for nlex slex sctex and the current and upcoming skyway. Impossible? Someone please make this happen!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    What i want is a unified system for nlex slex sctex and the current and upcoming skyway. Impossible? Someone please make this happen!!!

it will happen only when it is advantageous to them, and not necessarily to us, as well
    how much they have to spend and how much they will earn from it.
    right now, they don't have to do nuthin' , and still get the money they are already getting. dadami ba ito if the octopus card of sorts is adopted?
    ang buhay nga naman...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^^ it can be advantageous to them in the sense that the sooner they automate, the lesser employees and salaries and benefits they'd have to payout.

There are still a good number of people like me who refuse to use and pay for different systems at different toll networks. Im really hoping and waiting that they "consolidate".

i dont like the octopus card or the beep card system where i still have to stick my hands out everytime.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    If they consolidate then there will be less switching of lanes as drivers search for the line to their mode of payment.

Tapatalked

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post

for the longest time, we been in a govt that does not care... same goes with our pre-paid system, govt does not care so everyone is free to have a slice of the pre-paid party wherein they get the money in advance even thou the service is not yet provided/availed...

here's what we currently have

1. gcash
    2. paymaya
    3. sm etap to pay
    4. beep card
    5. auto sweep
    6. easy drive
    7. cavitex etap
    8. happyplus
    9. starbucks card

so i too would like the idea to consolidate this all to one or two (backup) cards for convenience, but this requires govt support...
    Last edited by Stigg ma; November 17th, 2016 at 12:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    parang dito sa cavitex mas mabilis pang ma read ung ETAP kaysa sa RFID.problema lang talaga hindi nila pag tabi tabihin ung dalawang boot ng RFID saka ung ETAP saka Beep CARD para hindi nagkaka gulo sa pila..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    parang dito sa cavitex mas mabilis pang ma read ung ETAP kaysa sa RFID.problema lang talaga hindi nila pag tabi tabihin ung dalawang boot ng RFID saka ung ETAP saka Beep CARD para hindi nagkaka gulo sa pila..
    CONFIRMED, beep card is working at NLEX, but only on balintawak northbound toll station...

pros: no physical money involved, cant be shortchanged...

cons: no receipt so you cant join any raffle promos, for now it is only installed on balintawak toll station and the teller needs to input on his/her station the beep card payment... so its not tap and go, its hand over the card to the teller, the teller adjust something to his/her PO then tap and go...

i wonder why they won't shift to the RFID sticker, when everyone elese dose already (slex & cavitex), too much fuel is wasted and the environmental impact on unnecessary idling of vehicles while waiting on queue to pay...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ^ I just tap my beep card on the receiver. Hold it for about 3-4 seconds then wait for confirmation.

I also said "beep card po" to the attendant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast