New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi. I'm just curious, aside from the usual jack that the car companies include when one purchases a car, what other tools are necessary as mandated by law? We have regular maintenance and we almost never travel out of town, hence I'm wondering if we need to add what's not provided for by the car company. Can anyone give a list? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderintravele View Post
    Hi. I'm just curious, aside from the usual jack that the car companies include when one purchases a car, what other tools are necessary as mandated by law? We have regular maintenance and we almost never travel out of town, hence I'm wondering if we need to add what's not provided for by the car company. Can anyone give a list? Thanks in advance.
    Well, a jumper kit isn't mandated by law.. but it'll probably come handy if you're the forgetful type

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013

plus the jumper kit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gig-swiss-knife.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    An early warning device

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't think the law mandates any basic tool kit (which is strange, because the law mandates a spare tire).
    the law does mandate the EWDs.

aside from the tool kit that came with the car, i also have the ff:
    tire inflator device (get the more expensive, heavy duty one; hindi ka magsisisi);
    replacement fuses;
    replacement bulbs (one headlight, one parklight, one stoplight, one signal light);
    size 5-6 mm and 12-13 mm box wrenches, or any other combination your car may need (box wrenches are preferable to open wrenches most of the time);
    philips and flat blade screwdrivers ( i don't like the "flippable" one some cars come with.);
    if your car is an auto trans, a pair of jumper wires and if affordable, a battery charger ( if MT, no need, as it's easy to push-start);
    1 or 2 blocks of thick wood, to chuck your wheels with, in case you need to jack it up;
    gloves and a mat of sorts, to use when you need to change a flat or fix something, and clothes, to make you look decent after you change a flat;
    and wipes, to clean your hands with after a dirty job with the car.

at home, however, i have quite a slew of tools, including an alligator jack..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 17th, 2013 at 01:18 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    An early warning device

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1384638096792.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    what I always have in my car:
    - jumptarter kit with compressor with usb slot for charging phones and emrgency light.
    - stock toolkit
    - 1L of wilkins
    - saka backpack with extra clothes saka konting biscuits

kaso pag wala ako at si misis ang nagmamaneho madalas iniiwan nya
    yung jumpstarter.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by xwangbu View Post
    what I always have in my car:
    - jumptarter kit with compressor with usb slot for charging phones and emrgency light.
    - stock toolkit
    - 1L of wilkins
    - saka backpack with extra clothes saka konting biscuits

kaso pag wala ako at si misis ang nagmamaneho madalas iniiwan nya
    yung jumpstarter.
    Guys wag kalimutan sabon at tubig just in case na marumihan kamay or any parts of your body

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    water, set of tools,jack a pair of surgical gloves and ang favorite ko wet wipes.............. the best ang wet wipes pan tangal ng grease at dumi sa kamay no need soup and water may moisturizer effect pa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by raycon_24 View Post
    water, set of tools,jack a pair of surgical gloves and ang favorite ko wet wipes.............. the best ang wet wipes pan tangal ng grease at dumi sa kamay no need soup and water may moisturizer effect pa.
    Need ba uminom ng sabaw after? Hehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast