New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I am thinking of a law that prohibits the use of full face helmet and set 50 kph speed limit for 399 CC and below motorcycle engines

for the reason that it can be used to hide a criminals face in committing a crime

Lawyer thought of ‘doing a Duterte’ after son’s near-fatal brush with crime | Inquirer Opinion

as with this only half face helmet are allowed and ONLY the WHITE color of the helmet is allowed (for sunlight heat reflection)

for the visors, i am still thinking to allow it or not, but if it will be allowed, only clear plastic visors are to be used, NO TINTS, as this can also be used hide partially the face to commit a crime...

some will argue that a full face helmet is necessary to protect them on a accident, but i bet your china made full face helmet won't even help reduce the impact, so the solution i see is to reduce the cruising speed limit...

is the speed limit of 50kph max just lawful for motorcycle riders in the city streets?

what are your inputs about this? don't be bias, i know we are in a cage users forum...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for 150 ccs, going more than 50 kph is fast already, imho. for 400 ccs and up, its still slow.
    i would agree on the use of full face helmets for 150ccs and below dahil hindi naman kailangan, but i think the ban on the use of a cut muffler or an after market muffler which makes a siento bente noise should be fully enforced.

to cut crimes, strict enforcement on the use of vests with plate numbers should also be enforced. di rin kasi hinuhuli. ang alam ko may batas na para dyan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I used to own and ride three motorcycles between 2001 and 2008.

Full-face helmets are intended to provide maximum head protection for the motorcycle occupants. Banning it's use, IMO, is bordering towards committing a human rights violation. The choice between using a half-face or full-face helmet should rest on the driver.

Further, the 50kph limit is also potentially dangerous under certain situations. Not so much so on the absolute speed, but rather the speed difference between the relatively slow, 50kph motorcycles and other vehicles that are going faster than 50kph.

Laying this down another way, you can't implement something that could potentially put in danger the lives of the majority of the motorcycle-riding public.

How do we solve motorcycle-related crimes? Concealed carry.

My 2c.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    I think maraming magrereklamo jan, kasi remember ng icc fiasco, na kelangan mo bumili ng helmet with icc sticker regardless kung may DOT or Snell standard sticker yung helmet(snell is one of the highest standard in terms of helmet), while icc dont even do a single test on an helmet othet than making sure that there is a visor, no visible cracks and with proper strap.. But thats it.
    Now for speed limit, i own a 150cc motorcycle, i try almost every ride to ride it on 60kph but everytime i did it, my fuel consumption sucks, and my engine stutter. I can keep it reving high even on open road at 60kph but have to stick to fuel zipping 4th gear(it have up to 6th).
    Now I previously have 125 underbone motorcycle which can definitely run smoother under 60kph..

For riding in tandem, if you all think that showing their face will eliminate them, well we have robbery on broad daylight with criminal not even trying to hide their face. In reality , police visibility is one of the key, but eliminating helmet? You must be kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nah! why would you deny the best safety device available to a motorcyclist? this will be like banning winshields on a car because you can't see the person inside, no? but if you insist, and while you're at it, why not propose to ban any and all that may hide a person's identity? like for example your user name. it hides you.

saka paano na si du30, e di wala na siya mauutusan na riding in tandem na maga-assassinate ng mga small time criminals.
    Last edited by yebo; June 7th, 2016 at 07:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    I am thinking of a law that prohibits the use of full face helmet and set 50 kph speed limit for 399 CC and below motorcycle engines

for the reason that it can be used to hide a criminals face in committing a crime

Lawyer thought of ‘doing a Duterte’ after son’s near-fatal brush with crime | Inquirer Opinion

as with this only half face helmet are allowed and ONLY the WHITE color of the helmet is allowed (for sunlight heat reflection)

for the visors, i am still thinking to allow it or not, but if it will be allowed, only clear plastic visors are to be used, NO TINTS, as this can also be used hide partially the face to commit a crime...

some will argue that a full face helmet is necessary to protect them on a accident, but i bet your china made full face helmet won't even help reduce the impact, so the solution i see is to reduce the cruising speed limit...

is the speed limit of 50kph max just lawful for motorcycle riders in the city streets?

what are your inputs about this? don't be bias, i know we are in a cage users forum...
    If the criminal cannot hide his face will it stop him from doing crime?

Ok we will implement half face helmets.... magdadala lang ng panyo si killer at isusuot nya lang pag titirahin na nya ang target. Pag na patay na nya un target huhubarin na nya ang panyo.

Limiting the speed to 50kph will stop the criminals from doing crime?

Professional killer... Naghihintay sa target..... ayan na dumating na si target.... binaril sa ulo..... naglakad papalayo na parang walang nangyari...... sa kabilang kanto nakaparada ang mutor nya na 1000cc kayang tumakbo ng 300kph... pero para di mahuli tatakbo lang ng 50kph.....

Ano silbi ng proposal sa itaas? Makakatulong ba sa pag sugpo ng crime?

Nasa helmet o speed limit ba ang sagot sa pag sugpo ng crime?

Ang mga abusayap hindi naka full face helmet.... hindi naka mutor... bakit nakakagawa ng krimen? Bakit di sila nahuhuli?

Sa balita nahuli ang isang Taiwan national na hinihinalang pumatay sa isang transgender... hindi sya naka helmet.... hindi rin sya naka mutor pero nagawa di umano ang krimen at naitapon ang katawan sa Cavitex. Kung maisa batas ang di pag gamit ng full face at 50kph speed limit di ba mangyayari ang krimen na ito?

Tanong ano ang puno at dulo ng krimen? Nanduon ang solution sa krimen wla sa gitna o sa hulihan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Sir Stigg Ma,

Are you a responsible motorcycle rider? If not then I say you don't know what you are proposing.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    A lot had been said about the banning of the full face helmet. If my memory serves me right, some senator even filed a bill for that but eventually the same didnt pass. Banning the full face helmet is like depriving the rider of his best safety apparatus. The best thing to do is to improve police visibility by having more foot and bike patrollers, increasing the force multipliers (tanod) and making cctvs in ALL streets mandatory

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    nah! why would you deny the best safety device available to a motorcyclist? this will be like banning winshields on a car because you can't see the person inside, no? but if you insist, and while you're at it, why not propose to ban any and all that may hide a person's identity? like for example your user name. it hides you.

saka paano na si du30, e di wala na siya mauutusan na riding in tandem na maga-assassinate ng mga small time criminals.
    Yep di pwede yang proposal na yan, at yung mga city na may ordinance regarding riding in tandem. Scrap yan pag upo ni digong.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Setting an arbitrary speed limit for low-end motorcycles is simple class warfare. If the bike can do the speed limit, why not let them do the same speed limit as everyone else?

-

Helmets, I can agree to banning tinted visors... but banning full-face helmets is a violation of rights. Do we also ban balaclavas, hijabs and other face-obscuring items?

Like jut says: what we need is simply STRICT enforcement of the vest rules and possibly strict enforcement of registration numbers on helmets. Having more visible police who stop tandem riders for inspection will also help.

-

If you really want to curb motorbike riding assassins? Allow licensed firearm owners to carry.

There was an assassination here last year, where a barangay captain was killed. He was a gun owner, but they can't carry when they're at the barangay hall.

Guess where his assassins went to finish him off?

People are so paranoid about licensed owners... these criminals use illegally acquired guns... and they are the only people, aside from police and a handful of licensed carry owners, who go armed in public.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
BAN the use of full face helmet and set 50 kph speed limit for 399 CC and below motorcycle engines...