New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I renewed my driver's license last July at LTO Ever Commonwealth. They said they would txt me when the plastic card was ready.

They hadn't texted since then, so I passed by this afternoon. The reception gave me a new application form and said I had to fill it up AGAIN, line up AGAIN, and have my picture taken AGAIN in order to get my card. Sabi niya "bagong sistema." Di na bale daw, wala nang bayad.

ANO BA YAN???????

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I renewed my driver's license last July at LTO Ever Commonwealth. They said they would txt me when the plastic card was ready.

They hadn't texted since then, so I passed by this afternoon. The reception gave me a new application form and said I had to fill it up AGAIN, line up AGAIN, and have my picture taken AGAIN in order to get my card. Sabi niya "bagong sistema." Di na bale daw, wala nang bayad.

ANO BA YAN???????
    eh mabuti nga at may assurance ka na after ng fillup at picture may plastic card kana.ako nga wala parin available mag 1 year na sa feb 2018

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pila ulit pero instant card vs 19 months waiting (e kasi 19 months bago ko nakuha ang card). pipila na lang ako ulit para sure na.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007

ANO BA YAN???????
    Same thing happened to me. I did the process. I left after I got my card. I returned around 4:30ish and since I was almost the last person there, they processed my papers and got me my plastic ID card.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I finally got my license at LTO commonwealth. I arrived at 9, waited about an hour, had my picture and biometrics taken, waited again, and finally got it by 10:45. I was surprised to see the picture is black and white.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I finally got my license at LTO commonwealth. I arrived at 9, waited about an hour, had my picture and biometrics taken, waited again, and finally got it by 10:45. I was surprised to see the picture is black and white.
    Sa Ever Commonwealth din sir?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Sa Ever Commonwealth din sir?
    Yes. Halos puno na ang loob ng 9pm. Brought books to read while waiting. Nung natapos ako, marami nang nakaupo sa mga silya ng corridor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Upgraded my license from student to non pro last week.

Monday PM - filled up the form. medical. photo. payment. I did not make it to the written exam cut off. Last test takes place at 4PM, if I remember correctly.

Tuesday - no exams because system was down.

Wednesday AM - written exam. payment. practical exam (driving a car at least 3 turns on a roundabout). payment. another round of photo taking and then got my actual license on the same day. I was crossing my fingers because I was so scared baka mag down nanaman ang printer, system, internet or whatever. Anything can go wrong.

LTO San Juan is okay, but someone please kaizen all government offices stat! Ang daming akyat baba, pasahan ng docs, name yelling on the PA system etc. I realized how patient Filipinos are because we tolerate gov't services like this.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017

ANO BA YAN???????
    Buti sayo ganyan libre, ako nagparenew ng license sa LTO Tagaytay nung September.

Walang plastic pa, so they printed the license on the back of the receipt... pag tingin ko bakit iba iba ang details compared sa previous na license ko eh renewal lang naman ginawa ko. When I complained, sinabi sa akin magbayad daw ako ng fee to change details, sabi ko bakit ako magbabayad eh wala naman ako pinabago lahat yan nakasulat sa previous license ko.

Ang sinagot sa akin, hindi daw sila ang may gawa nun at yun daw ang details ko sa system nila. Iba daw talaga sa nakasulat sa old Plastic ko, and kailangan ko daw bumalik kung saan ako nagparenew dati (MRT Ayala branch)... or magbayad daw ako ng change fee if gusto ko sa branch nato ipaayos.

So I decided magbayad nalang kaysa sumabak pa ng Metro Manila, after ko magfill out ng another form at magbayad ng change fee, okay na yun address sana, per pagprint na naman ng card image sa likod ng receipt, iba ang weight at height (bigla akong pumayat at naging punggok haha)... hinayaan ko na kesa uulitin ko na naman un process.

Minsan talaga ewan ko tong mga government agencies natin.... btw until now wala pa akong Plastic.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    After half an hour after waiting to renew my license yesterday, a loud senior citizen walked in and put on quite a show. At first, people thought he was funny and charming, alternately chatting with and broadcasting to everyone his complaints about the process, which verbalised what many felt about the inefficienct bureucarcy of the office. One of his claims was that he was a doctor, which he used to badger the doctor giving the medical exam when he came late. But then he started calling the staff names like “Pokwang”, “Gloria” and “Vong Navarro”, which I thought was rather insulting. It would have been OK if his agitation was aimed at speeding up the process for everyone. But it soon became obvious that his objective was to simply leapfrog ahead of everyone. He was done in 15 minutes, while other seniors who were there much earlier were still patiently waiting. I suspected the staff facilitated his papers just to get rid of him. On my way out I heard people mumble the same suspicions. He was a selfish, irritating, egotistical, name-calling, blowhard, obnoxious, asshole senior. He is what makes “gulang” a bad word. I sincerely hope I don't turn out that way when I become a senior citizen next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast