New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm against any sort of plate cover. Some of those "clear" ones are designed to diffuse light reflected on them, making the plates very hard to read at night. I remember seeing such a product in an anti gasto-cam ad.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    To all car owners with "pitch-black" tinted plate covers:

Wag na kayong maging pasaway. Throw your black plate covers now bago pa kayo mahuli.

And don't bother with petty excuses kasi RESISTANCE IS FUTILE HERE

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The "clear" Deflector plate covers are alright. (They also sell "smoked" Deflector which I dont recommend bec. it smacks close to the tinted plate covers that this thread is castigating).

I use the clear Deflector to protect my front plate from getting bent esp. when parked in a high pedestrian area.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    plust the clear deflector is so elegant to look at

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    plust the clear deflector is so elegant to look at
    bottomline is don't use any deflector.. kahit na clear.. it still reflects light at night.. hirap basahin in case makaaksidente yung kotse.. elegant nga illegal naman..

use the frame type instead.. walang nakaharang sa numbers.. at it protects your plate from pedestrians.. wala ng palusot pa..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    clear plastic covers were installed by the casa when they installed our new license plates last october. the covers have the casa's name and address on the borders. some sort of an advertising on their part, which i have no qualms about.

i guess they are legal, since the casa wouldn't install them in the first place if they are not...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kunsabagay hindi naman DEFLECTOR nakasulat sa deflector namin, pag Hyundai ang tsikot, Hyundai din nakalagay, pag Ford, Ford din hehehe

delikado nga yun ang nakasulat eh deflector. pero pag brand ng tsikot, oks na siguro

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sana Nationwide na!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    clear plastic covers were installed by the casa when they installed our new license plates last october. the covers have the casa's name and address on the borders. some sort of an advertising on their part, which i have no qualms about.

i guess they are legal, since the casa wouldn't install them in the first place if they are not...
    Not all accessories that the casa installs are presumptively legal.

Some casas install full tints sa windshield and fog lights higher than the headlights (in the case of AUV's/pick-ups and SUV's), which is illegal.

For some casas kasi, the bottomline is revenue and giving what the customer wants. Secondary na lang ang compliance with the law

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    kunsabagay hindi naman DEFLECTOR nakasulat sa deflector namin, pag Hyundai ang tsikot, Hyundai din nakalagay, pag Ford, Ford din hehehe

delikado nga yun ang nakasulat eh deflector. pero pag brand ng tsikot, oks na siguro
    bro, brand ba yung DEFLECTOR? imitation ba ito or orig brand din like EGR? yung freebies kasi na sabi ng toyota agent namin sabi nya na ibibigay nya na deflector ay TOYOTA din kaso nung kinuha ko na yung plate yung binigay na deflector is DEFLECTOR din nakasulat. gusto ko sana papalitan ng TOYOTA kaso wala na raw silang available na stock. saan ko kaya pwede trade/papalitan ito with TOYOTA name?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
attention all tinted plate number beware in makati city