New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Is it really illegal to have passengers in the flatbed (cargo area) of your pickup? Does a rule like that exist in Metro Manila or on SLEX / NLEX?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    i think that would be almost the same for hanging out the back of the jeepney so i guess that would be bawal.. but then again i have seen flatbed trucks carrying workers on SLEX.. mind you workers of SLEX pa..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    well, the car has to have enough seatbelts for all passengers...

so technically bawal. I only allow people to ride at the back pag gabing gabi na, or kung may event/parade or something. otherwise, no.

or sa probinsya. hehe. hitch hikers, or kung tinatamad na mag convoy papunta sa town proper namin... ayun. lahat sa likod nung ranger

sa SLEX/NLEX naman, delikado.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    AFAIK, sa NLEX & SLEX bawal dahil nga delikado especially that cars run on high speed.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me as a general rule, if within the city and you don't go thru main roads like edsa where a lot of mmda and kotong cops hang around, it salaga.hould be ok but sa lto rules, bawal talaga.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    check your car registration... ang binibilang lang don is the number of seats inside the car... flatbed is considered your trunk area equivalent sa sedan.

e.g. Mitsu Strada seating capacity is 5 max

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My take is all vehicles have a its passenger limits stated on the specifications, manual and brochures. Thats what is to be followed in accordance with the law. Even cargo has to be tied down properly.

If you're on a beach, a farm, or shuttling around the village, its pretty acceptable to have passengers in the back. Just take precautions such as driving slowly (especially on humps, potholes and road dips) for the safety of your human cargo.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Guys regarding flatbed but not passengers

Ano laws natin regarding cargo sa flatbed?

I plan to carry 4 meter pvc pipes. Lampas talaga flat bed and hindi pwede irolyo.

Ano rules sa road regarding this? Ill be transporting it from Makati to Fort. Meron ako nakikita sa daan na naka higa lang tapos may triangle or basahan na naka sabit. Pwede na ba ganoon lang? Nakatali naman ng mabuti yung pipes

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsingson View Post

I plan to carry 4 meter pvc pipes. Lampas talaga flat bed and hindi pwede irolyo.

Ano rules sa road regarding this? Ill be transporting it from Makati to Fort. Meron ako nakikita sa daan na naka higa lang tapos may triangle or basahan na naka sabit. Pwede na ba ganoon lang? Nakatali naman ng mabuti yung pipes
    Kelangan mo talaga lagyan nang tela (mas maganda kung puti or red) sa dulo para visible pa mas lalo yung pipes. AFAIK hindi naman yan bawal, just drive carefully and really make sue that it is securely fastened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mtsingson View Post

Kelangan mo talaga lagyan nang tela (mas maganda kung puti or red) sa dulo para visible pa mas lalo yung pipes. AFAIK hindi naman yan bawal, just drive carefully and really make sue that it is securely fastened.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sa batas alam ko dapat red tela

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pickup Truck Rules - Passengers in the flatbed?