New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    I would recommend Mandaluyong as that will be closer to your wife's work & LSGH. Just look for a place that's not flood prone in that part of the Metro.
    Which area there exactly is flooded? Addition hills?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    There are, but I've seen only a few current brand new Mandaluyong townhomes offerings with 2car garage, under Php10M. Most offers are with just 1car garage. You just need to see if the neighborhood and route will be to your liking.

At least with Mandaluyong, being between Makati and lsgh, you will have route options to and from these locations where you don't need to travel via Edsa.
    How is the traffic in mandaluyong area compared to kapitolyo area?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    We have been looking around

There is a used townhouse inside kapitolyo area within our budget.

But we also were quoted prices for mandaluyong is a bit cheaper

We dont mind small floor area like a max of 130sq floor area as long as 2 car garage

Anyway, how is the neighborhood in kapitoloyo compare to mandaluyong?

How are the people? Are they the tyoe of grabbing free car park spaces?

Which areas to avoid in mandaluyong? When it comes,to flooding etc?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    How is the traffic in mandaluyong area compared to kapitolyo area?
    Traffic in Mandaluyong is worse than in Kapitolyo. If you're headed to Makati, Mandaluyong is nearer, but to get to BGC it'll take much more time. I'd say that the Kapitolyo side of EDSA is better-located. When going northbound, Kapitolyo is also much more advantageous compared to Mandaluyong. The traffic lights at crossing take longer on the Mandaluyong side than it does on the EDSA Central side.

Quote Originally Posted by parak21 View Post
    We have been looking around

There is a used townhouse inside kapitolyo area within our budget.

But we also were quoted prices for mandaluyong is a bit cheaper

We dont mind small floor area like a max of 130sq floor area as long as 2 car garage

Anyway, how is the neighborhood in kapitoloyo compare to mandaluyong?

How are the people? Are they the tyoe of grabbing free car park spaces?

Which areas to avoid in mandaluyong? When it comes,to flooding etc?
    Mandaluyong is cheaper than Kapitolyo, but it's also because the neighborhood is worse. Only Addition Hills is better, but Addition Hills is already more expensive. Also, unlike Kapitolyo, most of Addition Hills is used as bypass for Shaw/Greenhills. In Kapitolyo, only East and West Capitol Drives are crowded. If you live in the inner streets, it's still relatively quiet.

Parking in Kapitolyo is worse now than it was 10 years ago, but the same can be said everywhere else. Everyone parks on the street since most houses only have 1-2 car garages and people own more cars than that.

Kapitolyo doesn't flood at all, Mandaluyong floods near the circle/city hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    the thing with taguig is that the nice places are just in the BGC/McKinley areas.

and 10M may not be enough... unless its a condo unit.

There are villar development with gated communities and mall/commercial area worth checking. Though I agree with the other commenter that it's starting to get crowded. Now that there are SMDC develpment and DMCI has not stopped their expansion.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapitolyo area over Mandaluyong for me, any day.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My former supervisor lives in Kapitolyo. The place is quiet nga. From their street I wouldn't think the surrounding area in the village is so busy. It's also nice how there are so many good restaurants inside Kapitolyo. Plus I love hilly villages

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Traffic in Mandaluyong is worse than in Kapitolyo. If you're headed to Makati, Mandaluyong is nearer, but to get to BGC it'll take much more time. I'd say that the Kapitolyo side of EDSA is better-located. When going northbound, Kapitolyo is also much more advantageous compared to Mandaluyong. The traffic lights at crossing take longer on the Mandaluyong side than it does on the EDSA Central side.

Mandaluyong is cheaper than Kapitolyo, but it's also because the neighborhood is worse. Only Addition Hills is better, but Addition Hills is already more expensive. Also, unlike Kapitolyo, most of Addition Hills is used as bypass for Shaw/Greenhills. In Kapitolyo, only East and West Capitol Drives are crowded. If you live in the inner streets, it's still relatively quiet.

Parking in Kapitolyo is worse now than it was 10 years ago, but the same can be said everywhere else. Everyone parks on the street since most houses only have 1-2 car garages and people own more cars than that.

Kapitolyo doesn't flood at all, Mandaluyong floods near the circle/city hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live in Mandaluyong near Makati Ave. and only Ondoy was able to breach our house by a foot. But there is a big project by DPWH for more than 2 years now around the Maysilo/City Hall area suppose to clear the flood onto the Pasig River, but that have to be seen after they promise to complete it this May.
    There are also alternate road to get to LSGH e.g., F.B. Matrinez St. to Mabini St, but it is in San Juan you'll face the traffic.
    You can buy used gated townhouse for less than 3M and renovate it to become 4 storey which I have seen here, and your 10M will be enough, or try the newly developed Acropolis by Sta. Lucia in the same area, although I'm not sure if your fund is enough for that place.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Update:

We saw 2 townhouses already at 12m and 14m

I defintely like the neighborhood. Quiet, there is a "guard house", and the neighbors looks they wont bother you

Just one little problem, cars are parked everywhere! Even in the inner streets! Pati dun sa tapat ng house namin. Hirap lumabas mg auto.

To those living in kapitolyo, do you have inside info on rules and regulations about the street parking here?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast