New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Dapat wag pumayag government kahit libre pa. Too much focus sa road na parang ang nagpapaikot ng buhay sa metro manila eh kalsada/kotse.

If they really want to build a road eh i dare them to build an underground road. Tingnan ko kung kaya ng bulsa nila.

Rivals Ayala, SM team up for P25-B tollway project >> Manila Bulletin Business

Rivals Ayala, SM team up for P25-B tollway project

Published March 31, 2017, 10:00 PM

By Emmie V. Abadilla

The country’s biggest property groups – the Ayalas and SM – have teamed up for a P25-billion unsolicited toll road to cut travel time to their huge malls in two cities – the Ayalas’ Makati Central Business District (CBD) and the Sys’ SM Mall of Asia (MOA) in Pasay.

Rivals Ayala Corp. Infrastructure Holdings Corporation (AC Infra) and SM Investments Corp. (SMIC) yesterday submitted their unsolicited proposal for the C3 Elevated Expressway (C3EX) to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).

Both committed to finance, design and build the four-lane, 8.6-kilometer C3EX to link Sta. Mesa, Manila to the MOA Complex, Pasay City via the Makati CBD.

Other groups are interested to join the project but discussion is still ongoing with about a couple of other prospective proponents, AC Infra President and CEO Jose Rene D. Almendras told reporters.

The C3EX, which will be completed in three years, will offer an alternative route from the Pasay and Makati CBDs to the cities of Mandaluyong, San Juan and Manila, reducing traffic congestion along EDSA and improving access to the Manila Bay development areas.

From C3 Sta. Mesa, the elevated toll road will traverse a portion of the Pasig River up to the Circuit Makati area, run parallel to South Avenue and follow Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue all the way to the MOA Complex.

Its maximum capacity will be 150,000 vehicles although they plan to operate it at 100,000 vehicles moving at 60 kilometers per hour.

The C3EX, which creates a jump-over to the North, will even complement San Miguel Corporation (SMC)’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Expressway in the South.

“It will be a game changer for Metro Manila traffic and cut travel time to Makati by 75 per cent,” he noted.

“It’s a good project for addressing traffic,” added Tristan Choa, SMIC VP for Investment Portfolio.

And the government “will not spend a single centavo” according to Almendras. They will reimburse the government for the Right of Way (ROW) worth “a few billion pesos”.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    we need more roads. hope it gets approval fast(lawmakers get their dibs) wtf

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    Piling up elevated roads hindi maganda. Not a sound architecture.

Sabi nga ni architect palafox. Ang elevated road ay trabaho ng pananadaling-aliw. Kumain ka ng buffet at dahil gusto mo sulitin eh bubuksan mo zipper ng pantalon para makahinga ng konti at kain na naman ulit pero bagsak mo din eh comfort room.

Underground is the way to go.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    you cannot widen roads...you cannot dig underground its not feasible. it will cost 10x more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    only problem i see is the projects capacity is only 150,000 vehicles. we should be looking twice that capacity.

this only provides temporary relief for several decades.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Underground highway is really the way to go for MM, ang problema lang yung geographical setting ng Pinas, na prone sa earthquake.
    Mahal ang maintenance at repair kung masira ng lindol. Although yung Skyways ay hindi rin earthquake proof pero mas mura at madali ang repair kung kinakailangan.
    Problema din sa underground highway ay maintenace cost, dewatering at ventilation. Most likely ang toll fee nyan ay nasa around P250 at 300,000 vehicles per day traffic.
    Ang maganda lang sa underground mas flexible sa design at routes, once na start na, tuloy tuloy na ang pagdevelop ng additional artery within MM.
    And during typhoon, pwedeng gamiting flood water reservoir yung tunnel. In the long run mas beneficial yung may system ng underground roads ang MM.
    Economically feasible naman ito, mag diet lang sa corruption yung mga govt officials natin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    you cannot widen roads...you cannot dig underground its not feasible. it will cost 10x more.

Capex lang naman ang mahal sa umpisa ng underground, majority adobe ang bato sa ilalim ng MM, ito yung bato na gustong gusto ng mga mechanized tunnel borer, sisiw ang 500 meters per day sa tunnel borer sa ganitong bato.
    Ang challenge lang dito ay dewatering, pero dahil sa majority ay adobe ang bato, hindi ito nag hohold ng tubig. Ang second challenge ay ventilation, kailangan mag winze ka ng openning sa surface, dahil dadaan ito sa mga unconsolidated na bato na pwedeng maging source ng water seepage, magastos sa waterproofing.
    Ang pangit lang kasi sa mga skyway, pag pangit ang engineering design, sumisikip lang yung kalsada sa ilalim, yung space na nawala sa ground level ay nilipat lang sa itaas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    underground solution is too risky for these developers. hence it will not happen.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Work from home ang kailangan, faster internet na affordable, you won't add to traffic if you can make money at home.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-650M using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    underground solution is too risky for these developers. hence it will not happen.

Of course, its private finance, they will get the cheapest and faster to build design.
    Expect another Naia-1-2-3 connector road quality. Full of safety flaws.
    Toll here will play around P60 to P100.
    If they will build these elevated roads interconnected with the on-going Sky-Nlex connector roads, then these could be beneficial, if not they will just make the traffic worst below.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast