New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Get old vehicles off the road--MMDA
    Updated 02:16am (Mla time) Jan 12, 2005
    By Inquirer News Service

AS A WAY to ensure safety and decongest Metro Manila's roads, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Tuesday gave a final warning to transport operators to get rid of their old and dilapidated vehicles.

MMDA Chair Bayani Fernando said the agency had begun apprehending drivers of these vehicles which have “no right to ply the roads."

According to the MMDA chief, 10,000 of the metropolis' 50,000 buses are in bad shape.

"We will immediately impound the offending vehicles," Fernando stressed, adding that the MMDA also has the power to suspend and revoke the franchise of recalcitrant operators.

Fernando said telltale signs of dilapidated vehicles include smoke belching, defective doors and windows, and paint that has peeled off.

The agency had fined operators for failing to repair defective doors, broken center bolts, misaligned bodies, broken windows and damaged windshields.

Fernando stressed that transport operators who refuse to fix or get rid of their dilapidated vehicles would face suspension and eventual cancellation of their franchise. Margaux C. Ortiz

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    another ningas-cogon in the making?

pero i support this one.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    go go go chairman!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    give it a month or two, titigil din ang panghuhuli niyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope it's not all saliva this time, hmmm... probably wishful thinking in my part

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sana totoo...

E sa labas lang naman nila tinitingnan. Have you taken a bus lately? All seats are designed for children under four feet. Sorry ka na lang pag medyo mataba ang katabi mo, kalahati na lang ng puwet mo ang nakaupo. At sorry rin kung matangkad ka. Sakit ng tuhod mo kasi hindi kasya.

And seat sizes assume that your butt width is the same as your torso. Di nila kinonsider na may braso ka, at usually men have larger torsos.

The way I understand it meron dapat seats for the disabled. Good luck if you can find it.

Maybe 2 out of 5 buses have really bad airconditioning - either tumutulo sa seat, or pag tanghali hindi nakakalamig ng bus. Tapos puno pa ng tao pati aisle. Pano pa makakaya ng aircon?

Dapat magkaroon ng bus line na sweldohan ang drivers, walang konduktor, designated bus stops, may schedule at puwede ang MRT/LRT card. Kahit mas mahal ng konti basta kumportable ang upo.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; January 12th, 2005 at 11:30 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    just implement it... :hippie:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang daming mga initiatives nitong si fernando...tatakbo siguro ito next election, no?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ang daming mga initiatives nitong si fernando...tatakbo siguro ito next election, no?
    hehehe. most probably. pero ok itong latest initiative nya; the operators really do need to take care of their vehicles properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Another MMDA initiative (I support this one)