The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Paano sa slex and skyway?
    SLEX is 60kph on the passing lane....

Sobrang daming walang disiplina...

Wala kasing nanghuhuli rito vs. obstruction of traffic, kaya puwedeng tumigil sa gitna ng kalye (secondary road) at magtanong sa pulis....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Oh, I don't think the speed limit per se was the cause of traffic improvement. Just that the stretch from QC Circle to Tandang Sora, during rush hour. The traffic flow is actually better now after the closure of the Tandang Sora Flyover which was a huge chokepoint with the amount of traffic trying to squeeze into the 2 lanes that fans out and blocks traffic trying to get to the intersection.So after the closure and the new U Turn slot placement, I personally feel the traffic is flowing smoother now compared to before, but not caused by the 60kph limit.
    The traffic flow and the speed limit in Commonwealth are separate issues.

The flow on Commonwealth is affected by various choke points or funnels which have changed over the years. For example, about 3 years ago, one big chokepoint was westbound near Zuzuarregui because three lanes on the right were still occupied by squatters. This regulated morning rush hour traffic arriving in the westbound Tandang Sora intersection. When this was finally removed, traffic in Tandang Sora, specially the gitgitan trying to enter the flyover, intensified. I often saved more time just taking the low road with the traffic light because it was "go" for very long. But the real bottleneck on the westbound lane during morning rush hour is the Quezon Memorial Circle, with or without the MRT construction, with the buildup starting just after Tandang Sora. On the eastbound lane, the Tandang Sora intersection was affected by three things, crowding and gitgitan going into the flyover, vehicles exiting C5 Katipunan and swerving left to take a u-turn in front of Home Depot, and buses, jeeps, and commuters scattered over 4 lanes picking up passengers. The first item has been removed, and the other two remain, leading to a slight improvement. But this has intensified the buildup leading to the eastbound Don Antonio, where MRT construction has occupied at least 4 lanes. At rush hour, the buildup starts just after Tandang Sora, crawls at single digit KPH and swerves to the left at the MRT terminal construction, is released for just a hundred meters until the bus stop on the right just after Ever at which buses and jeeps are scattered across 4 lanes, and the u-turn on the left near St. Peter's church which is usually 3 lanes abreast going into what should be a one-lane u-turn. There's more after Sandigan Bayan, but I'll leave that to the Fairview and Lagro people to write about how things have changed over the years. I can only hope things will change for the better in the coming years, but I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens.

As for the speed limit, implementation was rather strict in the beginning at daytime. Drivers were antsy at first, and traffic enforcers were pretty sneaky. For example, westbound downhill to Tandang Sora was a speed trap, with many drivers falling prey to momentum. But I, and I think many Commonwealth regulars, got used to the leisurely pace, and now drive at a consistent 50 to 60 kph. Evenings are a different story though. Its ironic that the reason the speed limit was implemented due to the frequency of road accidents at night, but there was little if any enforcement in the dark.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    SLEX is 60kph on the passing lane....

Sobrang daming walang disiplina...

Wala kasing nanghuhuli rito vs. obstruction of traffic, kaya puwedeng tumigil sa gitna ng kalye (secondary road) at magtanong sa pulis....
    Every day I face such idiots strolling at 60 kmh on the left lane at SLEX even when the traffic is light. If you can't drive fast, then move out of the fast lane.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    1) So ano kaya ang speed limit ng bus at truck?

2) QC ordinance has even lower speed limits. For example, 50km for Quezon Ave.
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ed-limits.html

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Paano sila nanghuhuli? Nagsimula na ba talaga to in earnest?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ano speed limit ng buses and trucks?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Paano sila nanghuhuli? Nagsimula na ba talaga to in earnest?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    well, i don't want to be among the first.
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Ginaya lang pala to sa Davao.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Dapat nag Eon na lang pala ako. Buset na Pilipinas.

60kph is way too slow, and no, I don't drive on rush hours.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast