New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    IMHO, Commonwealth, which is wider and was less congested than EDSA before the MRT construction started, became a less stressful road to drive on when they lowered the speed limit to 60kph.
    Nung sinara yung T. Sora flyover at Katipunan intersection bumilis ang biyahe ko.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Nung sinara yung T. Sora flyover at Katipunan intersection bumilis ang biyahe ko.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Actually, I have the same experience with you. The T Sora Flyover was actually a big chokepoint that squeezed much of the traffic wanting to pass the intersection quickly blocking the way for other vehicle who just wanted to U-turn under the flyover.

But I don't know if it just others trying to outright avoid Commonwealth or the new placements of U-turn slots to compensate for the loss of T Sora as the bigger contributor to this improvement.

The 60kph limit is problematic in parts where you are on a downhill stretch. Even in Commonwealth, you are just normally cruising, you can go pass 60kph without even pressing the accelerator. You now have to apply brakes (don't have cruise control).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    You... can actually run 60kph+ in Edsa?

Pag Holy Week & early Sunday morning siguro
    Every time the speedometer hits 60 KPH (around 37 MPH) in I-5 (section in Seattle), people swear WTF! this is a bad day . . .

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    IMHO, Commonwealth, which is wider and was less congested than EDSA before the MRT construction started, became a less stressful road to drive on when they lowered the speed limit to 60kph.
    Bro.,- is it?

Everything is relative....

When everyone's hugging all lanes at 60KPH,- one small miscue and it's a carmageddon...

Let the fast vehicles pass properly on the passing lane/s, so that the road has less vehicles to contend with....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i rarely commonwealth.
    so when a regular commonwealth motorist says the new kph limit is an improvement, i tend to believe it.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i rarely commonwealth.
    so when a regular commonwealth motorist says the new kph limit is an improvement, i tend to believe it.
    Oh, I don't think the speed limit per se was the cause of traffic improvement. Just that the stretch from QC Circle to Tandang Sora, during rush hour. The traffic flow is actually better now after the closure of the Tandang Sora Flyover which was a huge chokepoint with the amount of traffic trying to squeeze into the 2 lanes that fans out and blocks traffic trying to get to the intersection.

So after the closure and the new U Turn slot placement, I personally feel the traffic is flowing smoother now compared to before, but not caused by the 60kph limit.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Oh, I don't think the speed limit per se was the cause of traffic improvement. Just that the stretch from QC Circle to Tandang Sora, during rush hour. The traffic flow is actually better now after the closure of the Tandang Sora Flyover which was a huge chokepoint with the amount of traffic trying to squeeze into the 2 lanes that fans out and blocks traffic trying to get to the intersection.

So after the closure and the new U Turn slot placement, I personally feel the traffic is flowing smoother now compared to before, but not caused by the 60kph limit.
    ditto on flyover choke point. ang gulang kasi ng iba dyan eh

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i rarely commonwealth.
    Weekends nadadaan ako dyan usually evening, hataw mode pa din private / bus / PUJ

walang speed limit

Walang enforcers

Walang speed cameras ( sandigan to circle vice versa) o meron??

Mas nag improve talaga nung sinara Tandang Sora flyover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Paano sa slex and skyway?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Paano sa slex and skyway?
    they have a different limit naman..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast