New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you think the Commonwealth Ave "discipline zone" experiment would work?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

7 77.78%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    To people passing through this major road everyday, what can you say?

Read in the newspaper that this had just been approved.

I tried doing it earlier today, and it just felt... slow. Hopefully it'll improve mileage, and reduce the number of casualties in the "highway of death" (be it the occasional pedestrian roadkill, or the regular fast car meets concrete barrier).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I live in the Commonwealth area. I think they should just create more pedestrian over-passes along Commonwealth, remove those MMDA u-turns and stop PUVs from cris-crossing across the lanes of the hiway. Im just wondering how this will be implemented, may mga radar guns ba ang mga traffic enforcers? Or can they accurately guess the speed of every vehicle? :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have absolutely no idea how they're going to uphold it.

But at these speeds, you're driving side by side with the swerving jeeps and buses.

About the U-turn slots, there's this "new" permanent U-turn slot near batasan, which has created a massive choke point. No idea why they had to eat up to 3 lanes of commonwealth for this. way to go MMDA.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    60kph speed limit? Ok lang. It's the max speed I'm usually at every time I pass on Commonwealth anyway, when I go to my folks' place.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, 60kph is way too slow for that wide open road.... I drive on this road on weekends going to my in-laws place near INK..... Not sure how they're going to implement this.... Matrapik malamang pag nagsimula silang mag-implement at manghuli.... Dapat pilitin ang mga pedestrians na gamitin ang overhead pedestrian pass para maiwasan ang mga aksidente....

5606:jazzysax:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    I have absolutely no idea how they're going to uphold it.

But at these speeds, you're driving side by side with the swerving jeeps and buses.

About the U-turn slots, there's this "new" permanent U-turn slot near batasan, which has created a massive choke point. No idea why they had to eat up to 3 lanes of commonwealth for this. way to go MMDA.

I'm with you on this bro. I live in the area and I am AT A COMPLETE LOSS why the heck the MMDA had to create this massive U-Turn Slot near Batasan. As bro scharnhorst said, it's permanent - as in they made a concrete barrier/sidewalk to wall off the u-turn slot. They didn't even use the movable concrete or orange plastic barriers that can easily be removed IF AND WHEN THEY REALIZE THAT THIS WAS A STUPID MOVE TO BEGIN WITH!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    60 kph max speed? Eh malapad pa sa EDSA yan… what if wala namang traffic? ang dapat dyan hulihin yung mga tumatawid, ikulong or paglinisin ng kalye.

Pano rin kung mga talagang speeding, kaya ba nilang habulin? If they want to implement this, they should be visible with the capability na manghabol like CRDi pick ups/mobile patrol, Altis etc. para naman may “ dating” but if they will just put MMDA in an MC na di mo alam kung galing sa pampasada na pininturahan lang ng blue or white eh walang pupuntahan 'to paglalaruan lang sila.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i pass by this highway everyday. ok lang naman 60KPH. IMO, i think MMDA should put priority in upholding policies involving pedestrians crossing the highway. para kasi akong nakikipagpatintero sa mga tumatawid sa commonwealth araw-araw. they should also clear out the illegal vendors sa highway especially dyan sa may litex.

about the permanent u-turn slots -- what were they thinking?? baka balak nilang magtayo ng headquarters dito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, IF the MMDA can implement the 60 KPH speed limit, that would help in reducing somewhat the danger of Commonwealth. Nga lang, perhaps a better idea which would not require speed guns or the like, would be to keep public utility vehicles from criss crossing the road as if they were the only ones on it, to continue clearing operations and to enforce pedestrians to cross at the proper places.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    60 kph mabilis na sa sasakyan ko yun kaya ok lang hehe

regarding the permanent u-turn slots, talagang wierd nga to. and the size of it is mind boggling! baka naman sponsored yun ng mga congressman na nakatira sa may fairview at lagro para hindi na sila mahirapan mag-uturn sa may simbahan.

in addition, why the f&*%! can't they move the overpass stairs to the ends of the road??? they widened the road but they kept the overpasses the same width. so yung stairs tuloy, 2 or 3 lanes away from the gutter. and what common sense did they have to think that PUVs will drop/pick up passengers in the lanes between the stairs and the road gutter (or outermost lanes)??? syempre dun pa rin sila sa inner lanes at yung outer, naging terminal na or palengke. ewan ko ba

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
60 kph speed limit on commonwealth w/  laser speedgun