New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    been surfing the net and seeing tons of positive reviews about this cute hatch. wanted to get one for my daughter...college car. any insider news as to when TOYOTA plans to make it available would be highly appreciated. peace to all tsikot members and have a great weekend! drive safely!

p.s. any idea how much they'll sell this baby. saw the thai website of toyota and prices starts at 599,000 baht.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    599000*1.3878

830,xxx

siguro mga ganyan din or 1M.
    Last edited by Horsepower; August 11th, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Let's hope not....the Vios is a fine sub compact already, IMO. I have seen Yaris both in Canada and US. And frankly, the Vios at least seems better appearance-wise since there are still no proper comparison for the two yet.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    any idea how much they'll sell this baby. saw the thai website of toyota and prices starts at 599,000 baht.
    According to a Toyota sales guy they said expect the new Yaris to be more expensive than the equivalent Vios.
    The Yaris Toyota is considering for the RP is most likely the Thai built ASEAN Yaris hatchback.
    The ASEAN Yaris currently comes with one engine, the 1.5 VVTi.

I believe there are more details on the existing Yaris threads.

My guess, the Yaris 1.5 will probably start in the P700K area.
    Last edited by AG4; August 11th, 2006 at 09:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brubeck View Post
    wanted to get one for my daughter...college car.
    Congrats sir iba na talaga ang Pinoy families ngaun... daughters & sons have tsikot na as "standard equipment" when going to schools....

Seriously though... Get something na mas malaki ang body to protect your daughter in case of accidents (knock knock)

Nung pumunta kasi ako sa U.S. dati, may titos and titas only want SUVs for their daughters para kung magkaruon man ng aberya sa daan, mas matibay ang SUVs compared to small cars....

Opinion ko lang po to para sigurado kayo na safe ang anak nyo!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    My guess, the Yaris 1.5 will probably start in the P700K area.
    Oo nga nasa 700k ang price niyan.Pantapat sa Jazz yan..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Congrats sir iba na talaga ang Pinoy families ngaun... daughters & sons have tsikot na as "standard equipment" when going to schools....

Seriously though... Get something na mas malaki ang body to protect your daughter in case of accidents (knock knock)

Nung pumunta kasi ako sa U.S. dati, may titos and titas only want SUVs for their daughters para kung magkaruon man ng aberya sa daan, mas matibay ang SUVs compared to small cars....

Opinion ko lang po to para sigurado kayo na safe ang anak nyo!
    some SUV's are more dangerous than smaller cars beacause it give the driver an awe of invincibility plus smaller cars have better active safety than SUV's. some SUVs are prone to roll-over and some SUVs have worst crash safety records than smaller cars.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks guys for all the replies. i think price would be around 600 to 650K as the innova in thailand sells for 1M baht. choice is really down to the jazz and yaris with a slight advantage to the jazz as it's already available.

commuting in manila is totally different compared to when i was in college 17 years back. beleive me if you have a daughter and you can work your butt out to buy her a decent transpo, you'd do it in a heartbeat

some SUV's are more dangerous than smaller cars beacause it give the driver an awe of invincibility plus smaller cars have better active safety than SUV's. some SUVs are prone to roll-over and some SUVs have worst crash safety records than smaller cars.
    agree! and plan to get variants with at least abs and airbags. but i think the best is to be always alert and practice defensive driving skills which i have passed on to my daughter. thanks again guys and happy/safe driving

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mas maganda ang vios...
    check pic of yaris hatch

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    eto naman ang yaris sedan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
YARIS HATCH....are they bringing it in?