New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    which of the 2 would you get Gas 2.7 vvti or Diesel 2.5 D4D Fortuner? thanks again for any input ... good day to all

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    2.7 VVTi for me. I don't have confidence with Toyota's Driven4-Death more popularly known as D4-D...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    2.7 VVTi for me. I don't have confidence with Toyota's Driven4-Death more popularly known as D4-D...

+! on this.

mas smooth ang 2.7 gas version. less problem pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cheaper cost, more power, smoother, and with the smaller price gap between gas and diesel, I'd get the 2.7VVTi.

I seriously doubt you'd be doing any serious mud bogging in a 4x2 SUV so the inherent advantages of the diesel are nil.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Cheaper cost, more power, smoother, and with the smaller price gap between gas and diesel, I'd get the 2.7VVTi.

I seriously doubt you'd be doing any serious mud bogging in a 4x2 SUV so the inherent advantages of the diesel are nil.
    hmm not that good ride + weak noisy less smoother engine = less comfort IMO

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Although recently lumalaki nanaman agwat ng gas and diesel. Yung gas weekly inaakyat pero sa diesel may price war mga stations. Diesel dun samin kanina P23 na lang...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think buying a 102 hp 2.5 D4D Fortuner is just like having a 84 hp Sportivo in terms of power.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    I think buying a 102 hp 2.5 D4D Fortuner is just like having a 84 hp Sportivo in terms of power.

I'm really leaning towards the D4D but with all the horror stories i've read here its making me think twice... but on the other hand FC of the gas variant is also a very big issue for me coz it's gonna be used as a daily driver ( marikina- makati - marikina)... whew dont know what to do really

more inputs please peeps , i appreciate your time ... thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have a 2.5month old 2.5 D4D - no complaints so far - love my Baby F. Engine is quiet - you won't know it's diesel, smooth ride, powerful and smooth engine, fuel-efficient, good ground clearance (no fear during floods). My fuel efficiency is much better than my friend's same-age Fort VVTI (I get 9+ city driving heavy traffic on a daily basis, he gets only 6 to 7+).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradp View Post
    I have a 2.5month old 2.5 D4D - no complaints so far - love my Baby F. Engine is quiet - you won't know it's diesel, smooth ride, powerful and smooth engine, fuel-efficient, good ground clearance (no fear during floods). My fuel efficiency is much better than my friend's same-age Fort VVTI (I get 9+ city driving heavy traffic on a daily basis, he gets only 6 to 7+).
    thanks for your time Bradp .... do u also post at the fortuner club?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
WTBUY 2.5 D4D or 2.7 VVTi fortuner ? HELP  ;)