New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Welcome to the Ex Future Fortuner Owners Thread!

Hello! Since there is a clamour for this sort of thread i decided to start it..

Having enough of Toyota's scheming ways and not able to tolerate their evil ways, we recently decided to exact a sort of "revenge" on them.. we withdrew our reservation and got ourselves something better and in less than a week's time we brought home this instead....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anyone for more?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    and lastly...

the unit was released yesterday, i took the pics when the sun appeared this afternoon..

my quick take:
    The exterior alone commands respect as it is not so common and can easily be mistaken for an expedition to the untrained eye..
    Inside the driver's seat is powered (up, down, fore, aft)but not the recline also the 2nd row reclines a bit. The fabric seats are covered with the free seat cover..leather?...saka na lang...Stereo is 6 disc in dash no mp3/video yet, sound is decent although tweeters can be added for added sparkle.

The engine is so quiet, too quiet! Unlike our other ford's, there no bhhhuuut of the Lariat and the e-150. When idling, the engine is whisper quiet absolutely no vibration whatsoever like you left the aircon blower on with the engine off. After the initial twist of the key and the usual engine start noise, i really didnt know that the engine was running na pala! The gas pedal needed just a light tap to start its smooth accelaration.. Speed you say? let's not compare it with a 2.7L please... Ride can be described as kinda jiggly but not too annoying (nothing an old man emu can fix), no kalampag was noticed when running on uneven roads. On humps, the suspension gets better rebound feel than the wobbly Lariat.. 2nd row passengers get 4 aircon vents, 2 on top 2 on the center console ala focus..The third row folds flat but not as flat as the Grandis or Pajero. The rear hatch gets to open two ways..the whole thing or the upper part only, not just the glass miniming the possible source of kalampag, it only ran 79km so its early to tell its real consumption the computer says about 20.5L/100km, we'll see...

One thing that i didnt like was they didnt place the horn buttons near the upper spokes, they placed it in the middle bottom part of the steering wheel, but you can get used to it...

that's about it for now!
    Last edited by Hero; July 25th, 2005 at 01:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ampugeee

nice ride, slap on some bling blings and start pimpin' heheh

congrats

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    you mean your family bought explorer too?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naks, congrats...!

good luck on the gas bills hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dude, if you can afford an Explorer, why stay in line for the Fortuner?

My 1st choice was a 4x2 Ford Explorer XLT... But, P1.95M (exclusive of insurance & registration) is way over my head. Logical choice na for my family yung Fortuner.

I'd say you are fortunate to have not owned a Fortuner!

But, wait... Let me pose an answer to my own question... Maybe you were in line 'coz you can afford to buy both a Ford Explorer and a Toyota Fortuner... How fortunate indeed!
    Last edited by vicoyski; July 25th, 2005 at 01:13 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    err I think inclusive na ata yun sa ford with 3 yr registration,

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    err I think inclusive na ata yun sa ford with 3 yr registration,
    When they launched it last April 2005, hindi pa... And, I think it's no longer P1.95M now. It's gone up to P1.995M already. So, dapat lang inclusive na ang registration.

*Hero: Yan pa naman yung type kong color... Dark stone metallic... Sweet...
    Last edited by vicoyski; July 25th, 2005 at 01:21 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    and lastly...

the unit was released yesterday, i took the pics when the sun appeared this afternoon..

my quick take:
    The exterior alone commands respect as it is not so common and can easily be mistaken for an expedition to the untrained eye..
    Inside the driver's seat is powered (up, down, fore, aft)but not the recline also the 2nd row reclines a bit. The fabric seats are covered with the free seat cover..leather?...saka na lang...Stereo is 6 disc in dash no mp3/video yet, sound is decent although tweeters can be added for added sparkle.

The engine is so quiet, too quiet! Unlike our other ford's, there no bhhhuuut of the Lariat and the e-150. When idling, the engine is whisper quiet absolutely no vibration whatsoever like you left the aircon blower on with the engine off. After the initial twist of the key and the usual engine start noise, i really didnt know that the engine was running na pala! The gas pedal needed just a light tap to start its smooth accelaration.. Speed you say? let's not compare it with a 2.7L please... Ride can be described as kinda jiggly but not too annoying (nothing an old man emu can fix), no kalampag was noticed when running on uneven roads. On humps, the suspension gets better rebound feel than the wobbly Lariat.. 2nd row passengers get 4 aircon vents, 2 on top 2 on the center console ala focus..The third row folds flat but not as flat as the Grandis or Pajero. The rear hatch gets to open two ways..the whole thing or the upper part only, not just the glass miniming the possible source of kalampag, it only ran 79km so its early to tell its real consumption the computer says about 20.5L/100km, we'll see...

One thing that i didnt like was they didnt place the horn buttons near the upper spokes, they placed it in the middle bottom part of the steering wheel, but you can get used to it...

that's about it for now!
    next thing you should do is get the VIN of your ford and input it in Ford America website. see if there is recall for this vehicle just to be safe, particularly in the cruise control switch "problem". I just did with my dad's and 'twas quite a relief ... hehehe

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
The World Is Not Enough aka Ex-Future Fortuner Owners Thread