New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    There's something wrong with our car.. I noticed kc po pagnag-accelerate ako there's a certain sound that comes out. Di ako sure saan part but parang nasa tambutso na part. So, kung nag accelerate ako tuloy dahan dahan na lang pagtapak.

What do I do po? Ano po kaya problem nito?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IamLove View Post
    There's something wrong with our car.. I noticed kc po pagnag-accelerate ako there's a certain sound that comes out. Di ako sure saan part but parang nasa tambutso na part. So, kung nag accelerate ako tuloy dahan dahan na lang pagtapak.

What do I do po? Ano po kaya problem nito?
    first you have to find out where the sound is coming from.. what does the sound, sound like? hi pressure gas exiting? metal rubbing against metal?
    my favorite "strange sounds" from first-time drivers: the whooshing sound gets stronger with speed.. (her rear window glass was slighty open). the brrmming sound gets stronger with speed (she had a hole in her muffler).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    first you have to find out where the sound is coming from.. what does the sound, sound like? hi pressure gas exiting? metal rubbing against metal?
    my favorite "strange sounds" from first-time drivers: the whooshing sound gets stronger with speed.. (her rear window glass was slighty open). the brrmming sound gets stronger with speed (she had a hole in her muffler).
    * Dr. D: It seems it came from the exhaust ata.. I notice the sound lumalakas when I step on sa gas pedal ng madiin. Parang may pumuputok na sound maybe like the high pressure gas exiting. But I am not sure what that sounds like...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IamLove View Post
    * Dr. D: It seems it came from the exhaust ata.. I notice the sound lumalakas when I step on sa gas pedal ng madiin. Parang may pumuputok na sound maybe like the high pressure gas exiting. But I am not sure what that sounds like...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    does this sound come on when you rev the engine at neutral? or does the car have to be moving for the sound to come on?
    can you ask someone to assist you to go around the car to see where the sound may be coming from?
    if the sound comes on only when you floor the pedal... maybe it's your exhaust pipe, vibrating like mad..

gosh.. this is hard work.. diagnosing a sound i can't hear..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 24th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    baka may hard deposit na yung tambutso mo, matitigas na dumi inside the chamber

What's Wrong: Sound When Accelerating