New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Generally speaking Innova is very stable at high speed, no body and under chassis rattling, steering is acceptable, and the brake system great, Innova is better than some 1.3 and 1.6 Sedans that I have used. Its just me that can't sustain high speed driving. My eyes is sticking on the speedometer and not on the road and I'm always considering breaking distance My Lancer 1.3 would go body and under chasis shaking beyond 140KPH.

If you happened to see wrecked Innova's on the impounding area is because its driver don't exercise safe driving limits, and safe braking distance. Both the D4d and VVTi can really go fast and if the driver feels he is doing Schumacher and forgot safety then accidents can really happen.
    I agree with this. Definitely the Innova is stable at highway speeds. Drivers have to remember its a high vehicle, its susceptible to crosswinds (esp on some portions of SCTEX) and its sheet metal is not as beefy or as massive as a lets say an LC or Patrol (which, by experience, even when dropped off a cliff or hit head on by a truck tire) to hold up when in events of accidents.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Stock Yaris 185kph along NLEX mga madaling araw na to.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Facelifted Fortuner 2.7G VVTi, 180kPH at SCTEX tarlac side with 6 passengers including driver and a noisy roof rack. Try again soon at SCTEX subic side without roof rack.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    2009 Toyota HiLux D4D - 200+ kph * StarToll

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Generally speaking Innova is very stable at high speed, no body and under chassis rattling, steering is acceptable, and the brake system great, Innova is better than some 1.3 and 1.6 Sedans that I have used. Its just me that can't sustain high speed driving. My eyes is sticking on the speedometer and not on the road and I'm always considering breaking distance My Lancer 1.3 would go body and under chasis shaking beyond 140KPH.

If you happened to see wrecked Innova's on the impounding area is because its driver don't exercise safe driving limits, and safe braking distance. Both the D4d and VVTi can really go fast and if the driver feels he is doing Schumacher and forgot safety then accidents can really happen.

"Don't hate the playa. Hate the game." -Will Smith in Bad Boys II

Any car is unsafe at high speeds. If you hit a 5-foot thick brick wall at 200km/h in a McLaren SLR, the result won't be so different if you hit it with a jaloppy. That's why the law imposed speed limits, as the human body is designed to sustain only a certain amount of force. So if we go beyond the speed limit, we immediately put safety aside, whatever make or model we drive.

Going back to the question "what is your top speed using a Toyota?"...

Dad's A/T D4D Innova cruised at 160km/h. The engine was more relaxed than the M/T VVT-i but I think it won't match the latter's acceleration approaching top speed, if not reach the same top speed. Without wind (not to mention traffic), 180km/h is easy to reach in the VVT-i Innova. Pretty good for a jaloppy.

p.s. It's helluva lot easier to floor the pedal than watch the speedo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    175 Km/h at star toll way batangas.. hehehe.. 1.3 bigbody corolla at 5th gear.. hindi pa sagad pero stable pa din.. katakot lang kasi baka sumabog makina..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post

"Don't hate the playa. Hate the game." -Will Smith in Bad Boys II

Any car is unsafe at high speeds. If you hit a 5-foot thick brick wall at 200km/h in a McLaren SLR, the result won't be so different if you hit it with a jaloppy. That's why the law imposed speed limits, as the human body is designed to sustain only a certain amount of force. So if we go beyond the speed limit, we immediately put safety aside, whatever make or model we drive.

Going back to the question "what is your top speed using a Toyota?"...

Dad's A/T D4D Innova cruised at 160km/h. The engine was more relaxed than the M/T VVT-i but I think it won't match the latter's acceleration approaching top speed, if not reach the same top speed. Without wind (not to mention traffic), 180km/h is easy to reach in the VVT-i Innova. Pretty good for a jaloppy.

p.s. It's helluva lot easier to floor the pedal than watch the speedo.
    hahaha innova? u should check for ur fuel gauge too... my sister has an innova it maybe stable but i dont feel safe in it hahaha...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by '93_corolla2E View Post
    175 Km/h at star toll way batangas.. hehehe.. 1.3 bigbody corolla at 5th gear.. hindi pa sagad pero stable pa din.. katakot lang kasi baka sumabog makina..
    wew is ur engine stock??? ur engine might have problems if so.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    hahaha innova? u should check for ur fuel gauge too... my sister has an innova it maybe stable but i dont feel safe in it hahaha...
    I don't think gas is a problem in my book. And I don't have to quote myself to say that any car is dangerous at high speeds. Go ahead and crash your own car at only 160km/h and you'll know. So don't feel too comfortable in your barge.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I don't think gas is a problem in my book. And I don't have to quote myself to say that any car is dangerous at high speeds. Go ahead and crash your own car at only 160km/h and you'll know. So don't feel too comfortable in your barge.
    Yeah, I know.....any car that's running over a hundred kilometers per hour is unsafe.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
What is your top speed using a toyota?