New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hi guys. i need your help pls. during the past few days its raining a lot because of typhoon labuyo. for 5 straight raining days, i noticed my carpet is soaked in water. my bro-in-law applied "masilya" on the firewall and it was fine. but after a month water gets inside the driver side. i checked the rubber/plastic (where wiper is attached) it has a space/gap compared to the other side which is sealed. is this the culprit? if not,what is it?where can i have this checked? thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Put some water in it and see were does the water goes. check also your windshield rubber for leak.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks sir for the reply. i think there's something wrong with the firewall here's how it looks like:

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/a...elacruz1/seli/

i think i know the culprit, the firewall has a small tear on it. what do you suggest would i need "masilya" or silicon gasket to cover it up. thanks guys.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I suggest you use silicone.. the flexibility of silicone is more appropriate in the car body's vibration...mine have same problem 2 months ago, culprit was the wiring rubber penetration cracked. This is found under the passenger side plastic fender so i have to remove the fender and apply silicone on the cracked rubber..now its good as new (just used the common silicon used on glass windows and it works fine)
    Last edited by pentium9; October 9th, 2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo

Wet flooring on my corolla