New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 150 of 348 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3476
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Good evening! I'm a newbie here. Help! Need opinion from 2013 fortuner owners. We are sure in getting a brandnew 7 seater suv this month but really torn between fortuner and montero. Im 80% into getting fort g a/t because we like the style better than montero but was told by some friends that it's matagtag. We're having a hard time finding a toyota branch that allows test drive. Matagtag ba talaga? Is it a better deal than montero? Or mas comfortable montero? Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ride is more stable because of the suspension. Not matagtag for me. SUVs with high center of gravity, I prefer stability and safety. So it depends on your requirements.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aimsky View Post
    Good evening! I'm a newbie here. Help! Need opinion from 2013 fortuner owners. We are sure in getting a brandnew 7 seater suv this month but really torn between fortuner and montero. Im 80% into getting fort g a/t because we like the style better than montero but was told by some friends that it's matagtag. We're having a hard time finding a toyota branch that allows test drive. Matagtag ba talaga? Is it a better deal than montero? Or mas comfortable montero? Thank you!
    We have a 2008 Fortuner and a 2012 Montero. On being "matagtag": I have always felt that the difference between the two is negligible from low to normal speeds (up to maybe 80 kph). It is slightly more noticeable at high speeds. I'm always on the driver's seat, but my passengers tell me that the 2nd row is about the same (never had 3rd-row passengers). The big difference is in the steering. The Montero is VERY VERY heavy when compared to the Fort. Some people like that. For me, unless we are talking about German sports cars, I'd take comfort any time. HTH.

BTW, we have recently made a deposit for a new Fort.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Thank you lapella and taylor. Good to know that the tagtag is negligable esp for 2nd row passengers. I have an 8 month old baby and he sits 2nd row so i dont want to compromise his comfort. I also didnt know that fort's strong suspension is actually for safety and stability. Was that the cause for some montero accidents- the soft suspension? Just read about it online. Lastly, i really want to experience it myself pero parang ang hirap maghanap ng toyota brance which allows a fortuner 2014 test drive. Tatlong showroom na napuntahan ko and walang test drive- why o why it will be my deciding factor. Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I dont get the "tagtag" misconception tbh sanayan lang yan i mean if you have never owned an SUV before if course you'll notice the rougher ride than a say compact car but if you use it everyday its gonna be a non issue ....

Lola ko nga mas gsto pa sumakay sa 42ner kesa sa auto kase mas gusto daw nya ung mataas kitang kita daw nya paligid pero wlang reklamo sa ride si lola ko kahet ihataw ko pa hiihihi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    I dont get the "tagtag" misconception tbh sanayan lang yan i mean if you have never owned an SUV before if course you'll notice the rougher ride than a say compact car but if you use it everyday its gonna be a non issue ....

Lola ko nga mas gsto pa sumakay sa 42ner kesa sa auto kase mas gusto daw nya ung mataas kitang kita daw nya paligid pero wlang reklamo sa ride si lola ko kahet ihataw ko pa hiihihi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because before the Fortuner, the mainstream SUVs were all car-based. Compare the ride of a Fortuner to, say, a RAV4 and definitely the former will have a stiffer ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mga boss panu po ba gamitin ung GPS natin? kelan pa ba magdownload ng file tapos ilagay dun? sorry po ba noob question.. xD

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aimsky View Post
    Lastly, i really want to experience it myself pero parang ang hirap maghanap ng toyota brance which allows a fortuner 2014 test drive. Tatlong showroom na napuntahan ko and walang test drive- why o why it will be my deciding factor. Thanks again.
    i had my test drive before we got our fort last June. Toyota Manila Bay branch. They will just get a photocopy of your license and make you sign a waiver for test drive.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nasif93 View Post
    mga boss panu po ba gamitin ung GPS natin? kelan pa ba magdownload ng file tapos ilagay dun? sorry po ba noob question.. xD
    Sir, check mo muna kung yung fort mo is GPS equipped na or GPS ready pa lang. kasi if GPS ready pa lang yan, kelangan mo pa bilhin sa Casa or somewhere yung SD card for navigation. i think it will cost you about Php25K sa casa. If equipped na, just press the Navi button on your head unit.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Thanks to those who replied. I will have my test drive tomorow at toyota global city