New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey guys,

Anybody out there that has a revo vx200 and filled it up with any E10 brand fuel? This is a question I've been wondering for a couple of months now. I am worried about the old engine tech in the VX200 engine that it might now be able to use e10. Although some e10 users say that any EFI engine can handle e10, I just had to call my friend in Toyota Shaw to confirm the VX200 EFI was at par with the standards. I was kinda disappointed to find out that e10 is not recommended for our VX200.

This kinda brings a deadline as to when I can use the VX200. At the current laws, if I'm not mistaken, by 2011 all unleaded gas should have a 10% e10 mixture. If this is the case, I have to sell the VX200 before 2011.

Just in case some of you guys where gutsy enough, have you used e10 on a VX200? Did it work? Or did you just sell your car to relieve yourself of the potential future problems with e10?

Would anybody know if you can upgrade the VX200 computer controller to accept e10?

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have tried it before on an SR 1.8 EFI and I had no problems with it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    how long have you used e10 on your SR 1.8 sir? Any performance drop?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Depende kasi sa gas station, sometimes pag walang E10 of course no choice but I use E10 if I can I would say 70% of the time. Performance wise pareho lang naman even fuel consumption is relatively the same. In fact I find the engine to be more quiter when revving using E10...

I use both LPG and E10 on my VX200. Gamitin mo lang. The casa will not recommend E10 kasi there's nothing in it for them. Risk lang sa kanila if they allow it, na un-tested.

I am loving my Revo now. This is the first time ever that a full tank cost me under P1000! LPG*21.50/liter, filled up 43 liters.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    I use both LPG and E10 on my VX200. Gamitin mo lang. The casa will not recommend E10 kasi there's nothing in it for them. Risk lang sa kanila if they allow it, na un-tested.

I am loving my Revo now. This is the first time ever that a full tank cost me under P1000! LPG*21.50/liter, filled up 43 liters.
    Pao does that you have 2 vx200? A standard vx200 using e10 and a LPG converted one?

Casa might not recommend e10 cause I doubt they will spend the time to test e10 on units phased out 4 years ago (if I were them I wouldn't do it either, where is the profit in that? )

Quote Originally Posted by MadoX View Post
    Pao does that you have 2 vx200? A standard vx200 using e10 and a LPG converted one?

Casa might not recommend e10 cause I doubt they will spend the time to test e10 on units phased out 4 years ago (if I were them I wouldn't do it either, where is the profit in that? )
    No, my VX200 has been converted to LPG, so it's actually bi-fuel. For petrol, I use E10. Grabe, my LPG is only 21.50/liter, and I just filled up P600 worth of E10 at Petron Pasig Blvd for only P34.82/liter lang (over P6 cheaper than their Xtra Unleaded)!

Tama ka, Toyota won't do it kasi there's no profit in doing so. As I said, it'll only be risky for them to recommend it untested.

Gumamit ka lang ng E10. Lahat ng newer cars hardened na ang valves, so puwede na ang E10.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi guys,i got dec.04 SR REVO EFI under 20,000/kms pa lang, kasi madalang lang gamitin sa mahal ng gasolina and i got strada for daily use. ones a year lang ako nag babakasyon sa pinas,it is posible na ma dual LPG/gasoline para ma pang araw-araw gamitin nila sa pinas. t.y po

Quote Originally Posted by black sr revo View Post
    hi guys,i got dec.04 SR REVO EFI under 20,000/kms pa lang, kasi madalang lang gamitin sa mahal ng gasolina and i got strada for daily use. ones a year lang ako nag babakasyon sa pinas,it is posible na ma dual LPG/gasoline para ma pang araw-araw gamitin nila sa pinas. t.y po
    Yes, puwede po. Sa TROC (Toyota Revo Owners Club), tatlo na kaming nag-convert to LPG bi-fuel sa Denso. Best reference is the LPG Conversion Thread (tiyaga lang sa pag-basa).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I just want to know if there are any stock VX200 owners out there that just use e10 without any upgrades. BTW what could go wrong to engines that don't accept e10?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast