New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Holy Sh!t

Less than 10 seconds?

Jesus Christ anong modifications ng Vios mo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sub-10 seconds? Bull. I've been doing acceleration testing for the past 5 years... and that claim just makes me laugh.

I've driven various ZZ-powered Toyotas. I've tested various methods of launching. And there's no way of getting below 10 seconds on a stock 1.3.

A stock 1.3 is within the 12-13 second range if you drive it right. The slow 20-80 time is because he wasn't "launching", meaning he had to slog through the entire first gear. To get anywhere under 12 seconds, you have to launch at a catastrophic 5000+ rpms on the tachometer and slip the clutch brutally to keep the engine spinning through first gear and up into the powerband right away.

Maybe someone flat-shifting through the transmission will get near 11... on a cool day with a fresh engine and a stripped interior. Someone who doesn't care about grinding the transmission to dust. But under 10 seconds? Whoever claims that can set an appointment with us at Speedlab for V-Box testing. Hell... let's put money on the table on the results... shall we?
    Hey! Do I hear a bet for a stock Vios 1.3E (factory equipped as-is) to do sub 10 seconds 0-100kph?

My money is on Niky. (niky! you're treating us for pizza)

When do we test? (not that we haven't done enough in the past)....
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 26th, 2011 at 12:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Holy Sh!t

Less than 10 seconds?

Easy lang yan.... downhill yung track, parang yung flyover sa edsa/ortigas, towards greenhills. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Holy Sh!t

Less than 10 seconds?

Easy lang yan.... downhill yung track, parang yung flyover sa edsa/ortigas, towards greenhills. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox168 View Post
    Review: Toyota Vios 1.3E (2nd Generation) - Pinoy Auto Blog
    my vios 1.3E can do also less than 10 seconds ;)

From your link...
    The E variant comes with a 1300 cc VVT-i engine, which provides just 85 horses under the hood. This is hardly racetrack material, but if you consider the power-to-weight ratio, you would be amazed at what the car can do. The 1.3 variant Vios has been known to reach 190 Kph at clear NLEX, SCTEX and SLEX stretches. I haven’t personally tried this, but I can say I can personally attest to the less-than-10 seconds zero to 100 acceleration.

There was no instrumented test done by the article's author to support his claim of sub-10 secs on the 0-100kph.

A standard Vios 1.3E can't launch properly to get sub-10 figures.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Let's do some simple math:

Mazda3 2.0L 147 hp * 6500RPM 1365kg curb weight = 0.048848 power to weight ratio
    Vios 1.3L 85hp * 6000RPM 1075kg curb weight = 0.035865 power to weight ratio

Sino ba bumobola sayo na masmaganda power to weight ratio ng Vios? You're also looking at the 2004 Mz3 that won TONS of awards for its chassis balance.. hell, sa sobrang ganda sa 2011 US Mz3 rides on the same chassis -- "Why fix if it isn't broke". Normal suspension is stiff versus the more accomodating Vios.. and it has a bigger brother called the MazdaSpeed3 while the Vios only has the TRD version. Am I missing something?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Di kaya sya yung nasa isang youtube video na nag 200 na vios, pero downhill naman kaya nag 200?

"Bilis ng Vios ko!!":bwahaha:
    :peace:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hey! Do I hear a bet for a stock Vios 1.3E (factory equipped as-is) to do sub 10 seconds 0-100kph?

My money is on Niky. (niky! you're treating us for pizza)

When do we test? (not that we haven't done enough in the past)....
    Magkano pusta mo, GH?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    easy lang guys . that blog is not mine ;) --- Review: Toyota Vios 1.3E (2nd Generation) - Pinoy Auto Blog

i also experience it with my vios 1.3e. modification i change my stock air filter to knn

maniwala man kayo o hindi ok lang sa akin yon dahil nag sang ayon lang ako sa writer ng blog.

hindi po ako yon sa you tube he he he

I mentioned doing about 8 seconds 20kph-80kph with the mazda 3 2.0... I did about 15 seconds on the vios! hehe It takes forever.

hindi lang ako maniwala dito sa 15 sec.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Okay lang yan slyfox. At least you admittedly naman na hinde sa'yo ang blog. Dito kase sa tsikot pag nagkamali ka lang, expect some gang up. Okay lang sana kung isa, kaso madame sumasawsaw :-)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Vios 1.3 M/T faster than Mazda 3 2.0R!