New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe looks like americans are starting to feel the pinch of rising fuel prices...

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/11/Auto...ex.htm?cnn=yes

the statement that 77 percent of buyers will strongly consider a more fuel-efficient vehicle if gas prices reach $3 per gallon is interesting. if the trend in gas prices continue, i wonder if the trend towards SUVs and larger engines will start to reverse in north america (like the small-car craze of the 70's all over again?)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The way its going, the hybrid vehicles will definitely have a niche market. The price of entry, however, is staggering.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    hehe looks like americans are starting to feel the pinch of rising fuel prices...

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/11/Auto...ex.htm?cnn=yes

the statement that 77 percent of buyers will strongly consider a more fuel-efficient vehicle if gas prices reach $3 per gallon is interesting. if the trend in gas prices continue, i wonder if the trend towards SUVs and larger engines will start to reverse in north america (like the small-car craze of the 70's all over again?)
    sales of large SUVs have already plumetted (really!!) and still going down.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i just went to toyota pasong tamo this morning. naglabas daw ng 200 priuses sa pilipinas sabi nung service advisor, pero limited lang daw. mas matipid daw sa vios at over P1 million ang price tag. no further info...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    demn SUV

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    over 1 million pesos per unit for the Prius? I'm sure sold out iyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't think it's necessarily the fuel savings...it's more like these stupid celebrities somehow making environmental-consciousness the latest fad (meanwhile their second cars are lamborghinis and hummers and they fly on private jets, etc. etc.) so now everyone has to be like cameron diaz or leonardo dicaprio or whatever hypocrite celebrity gets tabloid space these days.

that's just my opinion though

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sikuya
    sales of large SUVs have already plumetted (really!!) and still going down.
    There's always a silver lining in every cloud.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onewaytrip
    i just went to toyota pasong tamo this morning. naglabas daw ng 200 priuses sa pilipinas sabi nung service advisor, pero limited lang daw. mas matipid daw sa vios at over P1 million ang price tag. no further info...
    No stir. Toyota Philippines is selling the Prius locally?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan will be using Toyota's Hybrid system and will be installed on Altimas primarily.

In Autoweek, some manufacturers claimed that they started prototyping a Diesel engine for cars. Meron na ulit ang MB nito di ba?

The best alternative to lessen the monthly operating expenses for a car is not to make any monthly payments on that car. Monthly car payments ang lalong nagpapalaki sa operating costs ng car kasi.

2005 E320 CDI
    Last edited by Karding; April 20th, 2005 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Used Toyota Priuses selling for more than a new one!