New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    Whats the steering wheel on the lower models?
    E also gets those steering wheel mounted audio controls (but buttons only on the left side, I forgot their explanation).
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; April 23rd, 2006 at 07:56 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    so minor upgrade lang pala ang altis

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    and how much would these minor upgrades cost??? malapit na lumabas siguro ung bagong model...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nag uubos na sila ng stocks...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    amfangit ng wood
    Hahaha. Tama ka nga

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    so much for "upgrades". hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    E also gets those steering wheel mounted audio controls (but buttons only on the left side, I forgot their explanation).
    No wood trim right?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    No wood trim right?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just checked it out... if you never really paid attention to the old one, you wouldn't notice the differences.

The wood trim is horrible. The wood trim in my old Exalta was twice as good!

In fact, the wood trim on the whole Toyota fleet is execrable, with the worst being on the Previa... whose light colored wood trim borders on Orocan tastelessness.

Other than that, the Altis still has the interior space and comfort to compete with the newer Mazda3 and Focus (although the amenities are somewhat lacking) and it feels a lot bigger than the new Civic... which feels a bit small for a new design (the hard plastic seatbacks on the front seats don't help rear seat space much).

The engine is still a paragon of efficiency and smoothness, too.

But the interior trim and equipment (really ugly radio!) are nearly as bad as the Koreans'. And if you discount Hyundai's horrid dash plastics... it's actually worse.

Good commuter. Good space. Deserves much better interior design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    ...The wood trim is horrible. The wood trim in my old Exalta was twice as good!

In fact, the wood trim on the whole Toyota fleet is execrable, with the worst being on the Previa... whose light colored wood trim borders on Orocan tastelessness.
    Sir Niky, insult mo naman Orocan e, at least umaamin sila yung "Plastic na walastik" ito e "wood".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
updgraded Corolla Altis at the Autofocus event