New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi guys,

kung hindi po ako nagkakamali (pakicorrect ako) di po ba may nilabas na lovelife na turbo corolla na usually kulay puti? kasi kung gayon man, meron kaya nabibili sa casa na turbo kit? or mas ok nalang mag engine swap na silvertop? salamat ng madami sa magrereply

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vanjo View Post
    hi guys,

kung hindi po ako nagkakamali (pakicorrect ako) di po ba may nilabas na lovelife na turbo corolla na usually kulay puti? kasi kung gayon man, meron kaya nabibili sa casa na turbo kit? or mas ok nalang mag engine swap na silvertop? salamat ng madami sa magrereply
    The Toyota Corolla 1.6 turbo 98-99 model came out in black as well. Anyway, the turbo is NOT being sold by the casa. They want you to buy the whole car. The last known bolt-on Toyota Corolla turbo kit for the AE111 was for sale about two years ago. No idea if someone already bought it. It comes complete with ECU, injectors, etc. but it's only compatible with the M/T tranny. I know since I wanted to buy it but my corolla is an A/T. BTW, the price is good but still not cheap. Last price quoted was P80K. Pretty good for a complete kit but not for people with limited budgets.

A silver top 4AGE 20v would probably cost you in the range of P50K to P60K and would give you more HP than the turbo 4AFE.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually a turbo 4AFE should produce about 160 bhp... depending on the boost, though I think they might have limited the boost with the TRD kit to cap it at 150.

I've seen the bodykits, but I've yet to see anyone who bought the factory turbo-car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've seen the bodykits, but I've yet to see anyone who bought the factory turbo-car.
    I've seen at least two... One with the full Tom's turbo body kit & turbo. The second just had the turbo & the hood with scoop.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually a turbo 4AFE should produce about 160 bhp... depending on the boost, though I think they might have limited the boost with the TRD kit to cap it at 150.
    But the turbo kit doesn't change the engine's compression ratio so that alone should limit the output to around 150hp.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Meron palang AE111/lovelife na stock turbo?

Ang alam ko kasi yung Tom's Toyota AE101 Corolla (1993-1997)...that had a stock turbo also. Rated for 160 HP daw. I hear it's quite rare though, and it was also sold in white if memory serves.

as i know, its SUPERCHARGED, not turbo charged...(from AE92-AE111 series)

why not just change the engine to a 4AG-ZE 1.6L supercharged....or basta GE series...

hehehe sayang pera pag mod mo pa ang fe, kasi tuned for economy yung makina na yun, not for performance..

better daw for turbo applications are the GE-16-valves(high horse as they call)

hehehe group A spec formula atlantic 4age 20V hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... whether engine-limited or safety limited, I guess that was it.

Still, i want to see what that bad boy can do against the Lynx.

By the way, that idle problem I was telling you about? Guess what? It was a timing belt issue (I'll tell you the full story someplace else)... when I get my new clutch (again), I think the RS will be able to hang with you now...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    as i know, its SUPERCHARGED, not turbo charged...(from AE92-AE111 series)

why not just change the engine to a 4AG-ZE 1.6L supercharged....or basta GE series...

hehehe sayang pera pag mod mo pa ang fe, kasi tuned for economy yung makina na yun, not for performance..

better daw for turbo applications are the GE-16-valves(high horse as they call)

hehehe group A spec formula atlantic 4age 20V hehehe...
    change engine na lang to 4agze
    http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=P3140149.jpg

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... whether engine-limited or safety limited, I guess that was it.

Still, i want to see what that bad boy can do against the Lynx.
    The turbo corolla ae111 has a very big achilles' heel. The brakes tend to overheat very quickly.

By the way, that idle problem I was telling you about? Guess what? It was a timing belt issue (I'll tell you the full story someplace else)... when I get my new clutch (again), I think the RS will be able to hang with you now...
    [/quote]

Idle & a/c issues were fixed a few days ago for my sentra. I have yet to do a dyno tune session for the AFC though. :D

I'm also thinking of a new clutch. hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
turbo corolla