New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    a friend claimed that toyota is now requiring waivers (like honda) from buyers of vios, altis and above variants not to use them as public utility vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willsmith View Post
    a friend claimed that toyota is now requiring waivers (like honda) from buyers of vios, altis and above variants not to use them as public utility vehicles.
    I've never heard anything of the sort before. Must be unique to the Philippines.

Companies like them are so vain. If I want to use a Toyota or Honda to haul manure, I'd do it. If the company protests, I'd show them my middle finger.... both middle fingers and tell them to f***-off.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder how legal is the waivers? Since you have bought the vehicles (not leased them), you should have full authority in how the vehicle is to be used.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ive only heard that toyota will void the warranty if their cars are used as public transport. up to now, a lot of vios are running the streets as taxis.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    If this would be true, then for sure their sales would plummet faster than they can say 'taxi'.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    take a look at this thread for taxi pics,
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=24176&page=8

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it were true, Toyota would lose a lot of fleet sales in the service industry. As far as I know, the acquisition by hotels of vehicles for use of its guests is also classified as a taxi service.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Baloney.

New and current Altis models are roaming the streets of Cagayan de Oro and their numbers seems to be increasing by the day.

and yes..the picture above seems to be the Ritter taxi.

is it true that toyotas can no longer used as taxis?