New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    mga Sir, ask ko lng po, kz I have a friend who bought a toyota corolla last year and hindi pa nya ito na pa transfer under his name and now, binebenta nya un car without having transfer it to his name, gusto po sana namin nalaman ng friend ko kung possible po ba na mabenta yung car without transfering it to his name?meron pong deed of sale pero the deep of sale has his name on it.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Did your friend furnished the LTO of the deed of sale from the previous owner? pwede yan. Just make sure to give a copy of such first deed of sale to the new buyer para naman di sya mahirapan. It is better if you will include a statement in the deed of sale that the car was previously owned by and / or registered in the name of ________(previous owner) which was sold to _____(friend mo) on ______(date), etc.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwing01 View Post
    mga Sir, ask ko lng po, kz I have a friend who bought a toyota corolla last year and hindi pa nya ito na pa transfer under his name and now, binebenta nya un car without having transfer it to his name, gusto po sana namin nalaman ng friend ko kung possible po ba na mabenta yung car without transfering it to his name?meron pong deed of sale pero the deep of sale has his name on it.
    Try mo lang mag-searh dito using the upper right search menu. Pwede pa rin yan ibenta sir. Basta may Or CR nung orig owner. Yung iba nga nirerenew using yung car using the orig owners name pa rin kasi ayaw na gumastos sa transfer of owwnership. hehe HTH

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT
    may advantage at disadvantage kung di natransfer.
    kawawa ang original owner kung sakaling mainvolved sa accident ang car

:-)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xda2jojo View Post
    OT
    may advantage at disadvantage kung di natransfer.
    kawawa ang original owner kung sakaling mainvolved sa accident ang car

:-)
    I was about to state this in my comment too. Kawawa talaga due to the "Registered Owner Rule" wherein the registered owner could be held liable for damages caused by the present owner due to the latter's negligence. However, the registered owner has the right to be reimbursed by the present owner. So, in case of law suits, he can file a 3rd party complaint against the actual/current owner. Pero hassle pa rin yon on the part of the registered owner.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwing01 View Post
    in a recent radio interview, the LTO official says all you have to do is to present ORIGINAL copies of deeds of sale, that will trace the ownership of said vehicle. so, if vehicle was sold three times without transfer of ownership at LTO, you should present the three original copies of deed of sale..
    as for the seller, make sure you have an original copy of the deed of sale, so that you will have proof of sale, in case vehicle gets into an accident and they decide to run after you.

Transfer of ownership