New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Can't decide which diesel to get. Although my budget is only for the Innova or the Fortuner, gusto ko ang Prado and I'm willing to take risks to get one.

But is choosing the Prado over the other two a wise decision? Help me out guys.

iba ang diesel ng prado compared sa fortuners at lalo na sa innova.. mas ok pa siguro ang prado kaysa sa fortuner, although mas mahal.. pero kung kaya, at willing ka get an LC105 na may 4.2 diesel, yan di ka madidisapoint dyan...

parang de-tuned 1kd-ftv ang nasa fortuner/hilux,e...alam ko japan CBU pa ang prado, not thailand.just like the previa..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    prado would be a wise choice.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can stretch your budget, go get the Prado.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    stretch it more and get the LC100 instead

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Medyo malakas lang sa diesel yung prado kasi underpowered for such a heavy body.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd say stretch the budget and go for a Prado. But don't go for the one sold by Toyota Motors Phils, coz it's underspec'd. Go for the gray market ones with the 4.0L V6 or the 3.0L D-4D engine. Aside from the more powerful engines, they've got more features. The TMP Prado is quite bare, although it's about as spec'd as the 4x4 Fortuner. If that's enough for you, then go for it. It's got about 30 horses less than the 3.0L Fort, but it's torquey enough to keep you happy at most speeds and while loaded.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i got for the prado... boss...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sir IMm29, do you have an idea kung magkano prado 4.0V6 sa gray market?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *choke* D4D *choke*

I agree with IMM29 that the TMPI sourced Prado is underspeced as compared to its competitors. The similarly priced Murano, Expedition, VeraCruz, Pilot, Patrol, etc. offer better engines with a lot more amenities.

Though a jump from your budget for an Innova (800K) & Fortuner (1.6M) to a Prado is quite big though. Baka hindi mo kayanin in the long run. We know of someone who bought a Prado na pinagpilitan... after a while binenta din at hindi kinaya ang maintenance & insurance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota's Diesels: Fortuner, Innova or Prado?