New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi All!
    My question is in regards to a new 15/16" Toyota Master cylinder i bought as a conversion for my willys jeep 4 wheel drumbrake setup. It is a replacement part and says "Toyota Zace" on it.I need to know what brake setup it is designed for, Front disc-rear drum or 4 wheel disc or 4 wheel drum? I tried the internet with no luck to find out what brake setup the Zace has. All i found out was that it was marketed under different names in different countries (Kijang in indonesia and brunei, Unser in Malaysia, Qualis and Innova in Phil). I have no idea what year the master is for.
    Would anybody know the brake setup for the zace? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Z-ACE is the Taiwanese version of the Tamaraw FX. It has discs up front and drums in the rear.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    OTEP- Thank you very much for your response!
    patrick

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PatT View Post
    Hi All!
    My question is in regards to a new 15/16" Toyota Master cylinder i bought as a conversion for my willys jeep 4 wheel drumbrake setup. It is a replacement part and says "Toyota Zace" on it.I need to know what brake setup it is designed for, Front disc-rear drum or 4 wheel disc or 4 wheel drum? I tried the internet with no luck to find out what brake setup the Zace has. All i found out was that it was marketed under different names in different countries (Kijang in indonesia and brunei, Unser in Malaysia, Qualis and Innova in Phil). I have no idea what year the master is for.
    Would anybody know the brake setup for the zace? Thanks in advance!

your jeep mb is a four wheel drum brake setup and the master cylinder you have is for a disc/drum system. it is mandatory that you remove the residual pressure check valve from the primary port of the master cylinder to prevent brakes dragging.

Toyota ZACE brake setup, anybody know?