New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hello.

I bought my brand new toyota wigo last July 31, 2017 inclusive of People's Gen Comprehensive Insurance. Just last October 21, 2017, I accidentally bumped the wall on the steep road of Batangas due to lack of break. I got minor injuries together with my 4 colleagues inside the car. I brought my car to the nearest center of my car dealer. I submitted all the requirements needed including the Police Report for my claims. Suddenly, as per estimation, the car dealer may declare "total loss" with my unit.

Can I still demand for the replacement of my car if they cannot fix it? What is the best way to handle this? My car is just 2 months old under my name and experienced this "lack of break", can I still demand to bring back my car in a good condition or replacement of the unit without shouldering any costs?

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchardie23 View Post
    Hello.

I bought my brand new toyota wigo last July 31, 2017 inclusive of People's Gen Comprehensive Insurance. Just last October 21, 2017, I accidentally bumped the wall on the steep road of Batangas due to lack of break. I got minor injuries together with my 4 colleagues inside the car. I brought my car to the nearest center of my car dealer. I submitted all the requirements needed including the Police Report for my claims. Suddenly, as per estimation, the car dealer may declare "total loss" with my unit.

Can I still demand for the replacement of my car if they cannot fix it? What is the best way to handle this? My car is just 2 months old under my name and experienced this "lack of break", can I still demand to bring back my car in a good condition or replacement of the unit without shouldering any costs?

Thank you in advance.

IF the car is declared "total loss", the insurance will negotiate with you; a) replace the car b) pay you cash... Either way there will be "depreciation cost" on you.

If this is mortgaged, the bank will be paid... Not you. Upside is, you don't owe the bank anymore.

Repairing the car is not an option when it is declared total loss.

Read your insurance policy, it's good that you have an insurance.

Whatever happens, be thankful no one got seriously hurt.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If car is mortgaged bank will be paid not you.

Kaya total loss kasi nga malaki na cost of repair kaya insurance will just pay the value of your car.

Lack of brake?

Another issue of blaming the car parang SUA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hello.

Thank you in advance.

Since brand new.. Sagot talaga ng insurance yan.

Lack of Break??

Or Lack of "Brake"?

Smells like?

Amoy Chico?

kung amoy chico.. sorry.. hindi sagot ng insurance yan.. nasa policy yan

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^

Or distracted driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    "bumped the wall" is probably the understatement of the year ... you must've crashed into the wall for it to be declared a total loss ...

The Toyota Wigo is less than a year old ... there should be no depreciation ... full amount ... unless you had alcohol ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    "bumped the wall" is probably the understatement of the year ... you must've crashed into the wall for it to be declared a total loss ...

The Toyota Wigo is less than a year old ... there should be no depreciation ... full amount ... unless you had alcohol ...
    at the same level as, "hit a pothole while going at slow speed".
    suspension bits were bent beyond repair, rim lip distorted, and tire has a huge blow-out rupture at the side.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Mahirap talaga kapag walang breaks. Pwede naman kahit sa gasoline station mag break.

Dapat nagpapahinga muna bago mag long drive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Mahirap talaga kapag walang breaks. Pwede naman kahit sa gasoline station mag break.

Dapat nagpapahinga muna bago mag long drive.
    lalo na sa mga nag drdrive with one hand. fall asleep and the steering wheel moves with your slouching body..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello.

Thank you in advance.
    if the insurance declares total loss, it might because of:
    1. too expensive to repair; and/or
    2. unsafe for use, even after "fixing". mahina na ang katawan, etc...

"loss of break (brake)" is different from "driving too fast for the brakes to take hold". buti na lang, insurance sometimes does not discriminate.

look at your contract, sir. your rights, as you agreed to when you signed it, are spelled out in there.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 31st, 2017 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast