New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Fog lamps doesn't add much luminance naman. Ginagamit ko lang fog lamps sa unfamiliar roads tulong sa paghahanap ng pot holes.

Abs naman useful pag madalas ka sa provincial road. Dahil madaming bumubulaga kahit 60kph lang takbo mo magkaka gulatan parin yan. Aside from abs, ayun lang naman ang nadagdag na electronics sa E vs J.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    the reason I choose J is less electronic compare to E like sirkosero said although I prefer to have all power windows which wala sa mirage glx kaya i opt for vios
    regarding sa ABS naman I am not entirely convince about it
    I don't drive at night or very rarely I would do this (only in emergencies or paginabot) so I would rather have extra light(fog lamps) than abs for visibility

may speed limit sa area din namin na 40kph pag nabunggo ka pa ewan ko n lang(may mga pasaway)
    sa open hway naman 70-80kph lang takbo ko kasi takot ako mabunggo at pag gabi 40-60kph lang di bale na lang turtle basta safe driver

price difference is 110k+ i think
    1. The reasoning of less electronics is quite wrong because the main electronic components are the ECU, junction box, and various sensors which both the E and J have. Whatever will go wrong with an E will go wrong w a J when subject to electronic hazards.

2. Re ABS. I dont understand why you are not convinced and saying that you drive slow to negate it is very, very wrong as well. Ive activated the ABS at speeds less than 40kph (think of moving EDSA traffic then there's a sudden stop due to a cutting vehicle and the road is wet or has spilled gravel).

3. Driving slow on the road and most especially on the higway may cause more accidents. We all must be mindful to maintain proper speeds for the given conditions and traffic flow.

If the E is beyond your budget, then go for the J by all means but reasoning against safety features such as ABS will just not swim on this board. Overall It's a good and reliable car, whether you get the E or J.

Fog lamps will not give you extra visibility unless you are in fog or strong rains. Just don't out dark tint and the stock headlamps work very well as long as they are properly aimed; you can upgrade your bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision, Osram Nightbreakers or all-weather bulbs as well.

Fog lamps will cost around 2-2.5K in Banawe (check good Taiwan aftermarket brands such as DLAA). Other upgrades such as touch screen unit and the necessary brackets may set you back another 20k id guess.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    i'm guessing this is your first car?
    nowadays, driving a car without ABS is like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Edit:
    why not just get a mirage g4 GLS. last time i checked, 70k ang discount for cash/bank P.O purchase. kasing presyo na halos ng vios J.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by awtz912 View Post
    nowadays, driving a car without ABS is like riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Edit:
    why not just get a mirage g4 GLS. last time i checked, 70k ang discount for cash/bank P.O purchase. kasing presyo na halos ng vios J.
    Sobra naman analogy mo. Hehehe

-------
    Seriously, if you can get an ABS equipped car, then the better. I think its better to have it and not use it all.

But if the drivers are relying on ABS to save their ass, then, they should not be driving at all. Too much reliance on tech imo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Bakit may binebenta pa na brand new na without abs kung hindi conforme sa standard safety feature. Dapat with abs na lahat para wala ng pagpipilian. Imho lng naman. My ride is vios j 2013. Nasa driver na yan kung talagang tanga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick74 View Post
    Bakit may binebenta pa na brand new na without abs kung hindi conforme sa standard safety feature. Dapat with abs na lahat para wala ng pagpipilian. Imho lng naman. My ride is vios j 2013. Nasa driver na yan kung talagang tanga.
    abs is expensive. they are still sported by some economy models.
    non-abs vehicles have not been labeled as illegal.
    abs is not yet a standard safety requirement... neither are safety airbags.. neither are tubeless tires.. neither are alcohol sensors on the steering wheel..
    ah well...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by awtz912 View Post

Edit:
    The Vios J is a much better car than the Mirage G4 GLS. For all the bells and whistles that the Mirage GLS has, it still can't compensate on the 4 cylinder engine of the Vios

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Safety above anything else, walang pinipiling lugar, oras or driver ang disgrasya. Ika nga nila better safe than sorry. Pero your money, your rules. Hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick74 View Post
    Our laws don't require ABS, so manufacturers will not add the feature on low-end cars in order to save on costs.

I agree with you, a car with the best safety features but in the hands of an incompetent driver isn't much good. However, wouldn't an adroit driver be even better off with a car that comes with complete safety features?

I've had many instances where ABS has been very useful. One of the first things you'll learn when racing on track is how to maximize the brakes without engaging ABS. However, it's very tedious to learn threshold braking and execute it consistently. It's certainly not something you can expect that everyone can do.

ABS helps you maximize your braking power even if you just mash the brake pedal (which is what most people do during panic situations). Cars without ABS will lock up when the brakes are floored and consequently will have greater braking distance.

If you don't think that ABS helps, there are lots of videos on YouTube showing real-life comparisons of the braking distance of a car with ABS vs that of one without it. Most people don't notice that they've actually triggered ABS many times in their driving life, and likewise, many people driving cars without ABS have locked their brakes without them noticing (not all instances of locked brakes have noisy tire squeals, such as braking in the wet).

While our local laws don't require ABS and airbags as standard (other countries do), multinational companies actually have strict laws on this when their employees avail of car plans.

The usual requirement for multinationals is ABS, EBD, 2 airbags, and ELR seatbelts. They would allow you to get a Wigo G but not a Ranger XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Proud vios J owner, follow your heart TS. Kaya ko binili yung car ko kasi madadala ako from point A to B ganun kasimple. No plans to add burloloys pure stock aalagaan ko nalang na parang bagong labas ng casa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast