New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Grabe! Just arrived here in Phnom Penh, Cambodia! Unang napansin ko ang daming surplus Toyotas and Lexus! Ni isang Vios wala pa akong nakita, very few ang Altis, pero ang Camrys, Higlanders, LandCruisers, Prados, Lexus very, very common. Kung gano ka common yung mga Korean surplus cars and vans, ganito rito.

Duda ko ang mura ng mga surplus Toyotas dito. Sana sa Pinas ganito rin, pero I think Toyota Philippines has very strong influence with our government to prevent late model surpluses from coming in.

Kakainggit naman mga surplus dito. Pati mga taxi Camrys!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    PICS BRO! post ka ng pics para kahit ako maglaway!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Bukas bro, I will. Medyo late afternoon na kasi arrival ko dito. Ang daming Toyota Higlanders at Lexus RX ba yun. Meron ding mga new models like Tundra at LC200 LandCruisers.

Kawawa ata Toyota dealership dito. Kasi kahit saang kanto may binebentang mga surplus--take note early 2000 models!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and they don't convert them to LHD

---

yan ang ayaw mangyari ng CAMPI dito sa Pinas

katakot-takot na lobbying ang ginawa nila para ipagbawal ang pag import ng used cars

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Actually, LHD na lahat.

Okay lang naman yung lobbying ng CAMPI, pero sana naman payagan yung less than 10 year-old na used LHD Toyotas?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    3rd and 4th world countries are ran this way, and the businessmen who are bringing those cars in are making a killing. You are in a country that is ran by military rulers so I won't be surprised that duties & taxes are non-existent. If the Philippines were like that, then you can count on the major brands pulling out of the country in no time. As it is, the Philippine market is already competitive. If we do what you suggest, I think that it will just kill the car industry completely.
    Last edited by Quint; July 19th, 2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: grammar

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Actually, LHD na lahat.

Okay lang naman yung lobbying ng CAMPI, pero sana naman payagan yung less than 10 year-old na used LHD Toyotas?
    kung pumayag ang gobyerno sa importation ng used cars, then CAMPI's lobbying is useless

BTW, i'm not pro-CAMPI

di ko lang gets your logic na ok sayo ang lobbying ng CAMPI, pero gusto mo meron importation ng used cars

it's either one or the other
    Last edited by uls; July 19th, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    * uls -- what I mean is okay yung lobbying against dumping of surplus/use vehicles that are very old and unsafe/RHD. Pero kung relatively new naman (maybe five-year old models) and proven to be still road-worthy/safe, why not coconut?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    To CAMPI your safety is irrelevant, what they are really after is your sale. That's the reason they want imported used cars whether old or somewhat new out of the roads... Because those things steal sales from them, heck might as well lobby for banning the sale of 2nd hand cars (even if bought from a local distributor) cause they can't make money on that either...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    To CAMPI your safety is irrelevant, what they are really after is your sale. That's the reason they want imported used cars whether old or somewhat new out of the roads... Because those things steal sales from them, heck might as well lobby for banning the sale of 2nd hand cars (even if bought from a local distributor) cause they can't make money on that either...

Well, given they (CAMPI) only sell a few thousand vehicles in total a year, profits are already slim even without the competition from imported surplus vehicles.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Toyota surplus in Phnom Penh: Kakainggit!