New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Toyotas were good cars, and the key word there was "were".. I'd avoid it now if I were you, wait for a few years before you decide to buy a toyota, maybe by then they might have done something, but it's still no guarantee.. Look at the toyota D4D engine, since 2005 pa ito, until now wala pa naman silang definite solution.. 5 years time? C'mon.. I would rather be last than number 1, at least I'm not cutting corners just to be number 1.. And I agree, old toyotas are good cars, but their newer, supposedly better models are not so good..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^^ +1

Still maraming nag invest buying Toyotas and buying cars is usually personal so maraming in-denial about Toyota ruining itself (ala sepukko stab on the intestines) and producing not just defective but dangerous automobiles. Toyota is trying to rectify this but the results so far are dismal. They will (hopefully) prevail.

So far the Avanza, Yaris and Yaris-sedan (or Vios) are spared from all the mess. So far (cross your fingers). And older Toyotas with the vast superior parts and technical support are still excellent vehicles (pre 2000 models).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My dream then was own an Innova. I loved its innovation, strenght and ride comfort. When i saved enough, i sold my bigbody corolla. Then i stumbled upon Tsikot.com, reading about D4d problems. When i confronted the SA regarding it, he denied its existence and even questioned the credibility of the site. Losing my interest, i got the old but reliable Adventure instead. I still don't know if i made the right choice, but the total denial policy of toyota's people regarding negative feedback may have contributed to the decline of its quality. Sana di ko na lang binenta si corolla in the first place. The last good toyota ata yun eh.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Aesthetic upgrades will never resolve the problems .
    Agree with you bro.,- it is just a scratch on the surface. The bigger problems are inside the system... They should broadcast how and when they're resolving them...

9404:vader:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would only consider buying a Toyota 2 car generations from now... Not this generation because it has the present problems. Not the next one also because those were developed now with the present system & engineering and even if they have cured the defects, no one knows its long term viability.

I also think there designs are really sedated, not that exciting.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hmm, i've got a feeling that Hyundai is going to be the next Toyota... their vehicles are very solid, reliable just like toyotas...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioser View Post
    hmm, i've got a feeling that Hyundai is going to be the next Toyota... their vehicles are very solid, reliable just like toyotas...
    That is one very big possibility having test driven a lot of their recent released vehicles in the local market. The only thing is they need something better than the Accent and i30 to compare with the likes of the Corolla and Civic level of cars.

Hyundai is already pretty strong in the SUV and econo-car market.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    As far as I'm concerned, the car gave us no big troubles that we needed to worry about. But it ran like crap when I gassed it up with crap-ass E10-mixed XCS and Blaze (which I presume is already E10-mixed). Switched to Shell Unleaded (also E10) and now runs properly.

Given that, I'm not bothered about something that doesn't concern me. Hehe. Overreaction is a waste of energy. I mean, c'mon, the Avanza is a good car...the Vios is a good car...the Altis is a good car...the Innova 2.0 VVTi is a good car too...just because the ES350 runs flat out on its own and the Prius' brakes lag or 2.5 D4D's choke (our own D4D doesn't, by the way) doesn't mean that everything else will blow up or something.

Hey, Galants blew up, but Adventures didn't.

Everyone chill...hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Yup. I`ve heard that the " best " ethanol blended fuels are from Shell's. Haven't tried it though since I still prefer the pure ones. -, AV gas from flying V.

But as soon as this AV Gas has been blended already, I`ll switch to shell e-10.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the car gave us no big troubles that we needed to worry about. But it ran like crap when I gassed it up with crap-ass E10-mixed XCS and Blaze (which I presume is already E10-mixed). Switched to Shell Unleaded (also E10) and now runs properly.

Given that, I'm not bothered about something that doesn't concern me. Hehe. Overreaction is a waste of energy. I mean, c'mon, the Avanza is a good car...the Vios is a good car...the Altis is a good car...the Innova 2.0 VVTi is a good car too...just because the ES350 runs flat out on its own and the Prius' brakes lag or 2.5 D4D's choke (our own D4D doesn't, by the way) doesn't mean that everything else will blow up or something.

Hey, Galants blew up, but Adventures didn't.

Everyone chill...hehehe!

Innova fuel tanks develops cracks due to metal fatigue. Avanza handles like a shopping cart and the interior plastics looks as if it was taken from a second hand toy factory, the Altis has engine sludge problems and the electric power steering has less road feel than a video game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
is toyota still a good car brand to own? is it still a good car company?