Hotdog please.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    wine! and cheese on sky flakes!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    this reminds me of the M-16 and the AK-47.
    the M-16 was a precision-made marksman's rifle, but needed regular cleaning to prevent fouling up.
    the AK-47 was pang-harabas, built to larger tolerances, needing less maintenance, and as a result was not as accurate as the competition.

so is toyota precision-made and needs regular cleaning?
    what does that suggest of the others?

i remember a few years ago, the altis (and other cars, too? i don't know..) had a reputation for oil sludging if not religiously serviced...

i also vaguely remember that sometime ago, the altis was up there in the fuel frugality listing..

well to suggest that a honda has the tolerances of an AK47 is to say that honda engines have severe blow-by and burn oil like crazy even when brand-new :D

of course this is not true. modern engines from both toyota and honda are built to similar levels of precision

both toyota and honda are designed to run 10,000 between oil changes under normal conditions

the difference is honda philippines doesn't force you to do 5,000 interval

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    FWIW, there's usually also a time interval between PMS schedules that must be adhered to if the car is seldom used. On the matter of my car, I don't even base it on the mileage since my PMS interval is every 6 months. I'm averaging only about 10,000km per year.

On the Honda manual, it says that the PMS should be 10k or 1 year (whichever comes first) for REGULAR driving conditions and 5k or 6 months (whichever comes first) for SEVERE driving conditions. Honda defines it as SEVERE if the car is driven MAINLY under one or more of the following conditions: (items in bold are typically the conditions we have here)

• Driving less than 8 km (5 miles) per trip or, in freezing temperatures, driving less than 16 km (10 miles) per trip.
    • Driving in extremely hot over 35 °C (95 °F) conditions.
    • Extensive idling, or long periods of stop-and-go driving.
    • Trailer towing, driving with a car-top carrier, or driving in mountainous conditions.
    • Driving on muddy, dusty, or de-iced roads.

it's 10k or 6 months whichever comes first

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Ts has a point. Kung uunawain si ts maiintindihan rin since regular driving sa iba lugi nga naman sa 5k pms. I think ginawa nalang ng toyota golden rule of every 5k pms dahil hindi lahat ay nagbabasa ng manual or marunong sa kotse parang sinasabi ni ts na dapat may choice tayo mamili kung 5k or 10k pms tayo depedns on the driving condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblueyes View Post
    There is no way for Toyota to know if you are driving in normal or severe conditions.

there's no way for honda to know either. but it's still 10k for honda

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i view the 5k PMS as PMS for mineral oil, which also needs to be changed for every 5k. pero alam ko pag naka fully synthetic ka, toyota will still require you for PMS pero walang change oil.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Another hotdog bites the dust.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Is Toyota still forcing you to do 5,000km PMS?
    I don't feel forced. I feel good after taking my car to regular maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TS. I get your point. Thing is, Toyota, like any other business follows a business model. Part of the reason why they can offer competitive pricing sa mga cars nila is because they make up for it in other areas like services/ parts/ consumables sales.

Bottomline, kaw pa din mag de decide kung bibili ka o hindi, kung magpapa service ka o hindi.

If you don't agree to their terms then don't buy. As simple as that. I, for one, don't want to spend several hours (sometimes a whole day) and pay a premium to have PMS done in the casa so I CHOSE not to. It was purely my decision and I accepted that my car's warranty is void.

You may say that a lot of people are willing victims but I guess they just find the 5K PMS fair and just as they are willing to pay for it to keep their warranty intact.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast