New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    4th Gen Rumors

Report: Toyota Rush might shift to a front-drive platform soon | TopGear PH

the report adds the current-generation Rush will hang around for a little longer. So, for those who still prefer their small seven-seater with a truck frame and rear-wheel drive, you have a few more years before it’s phased out.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^
    Hindi ba "failure" ang Rush?

Sobrang hyped up pa naman ito when it was released back in 2018-19, but the folks I know who bought one, consistent reklamo nila about the Rush's weak engine...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    ^^^
    Hindi ba "failure" ang Rush?

Sobrang hyped up pa naman ito when it was released back in 2018-19, but the folks I know who bought one, consistent reklamo nila about the Rush's weak engine...
    dito ako bilib na bilib sa Toyota...

madami kang maririnig na complains from existing owners...

mahina engine, mahina aircon, madaling masira, matagtag etc

pero ang dami din mag defend sa kanya...

reliable, madali maghanap ng parts, maganda resale value

in the end, its still the #1 brand locally.

The Rush alone sold 969 units in January 2023, Honda's top selling car only sold 805 units (Jan 2023)

5th best selling car 2022

I'm personally driving a Honda now, pero when its time to buy a car for my wife... she want's a Toyota din.

funny story. in the 90's my dad has 2 friends na naka Tamaraw. puro sakit ng ulo binigay sa kanila and walang katapusan ng kwentuhan yun in the afternoon. Di na daw tulad ng dati ang Toyota. later my dad bought his own Tamaraw FX. the other 2 friends sold their FX only to buy brand new FXs ulit (baka daw this time naayos na)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Marami naman ibang (Toyota) model na pagpipilian.
    Yung daily driver ko, Toyota naman din (Vios). "Blends in" easily, and tends to avoid drawing the "wrong kind" of attention.

Aside from the current lineup though, wala akong gusto, except perhaps the Raize and the FJ (stop production na ata, inuubos na lang) Problema nga lang with the FJ though is the 4.0 engine...

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

reliable, madali maghanap ng parts, maganda resale value
    Yep. They raised us maging practical and not wasteful kaya I'm in that camp din.

funny story. in the 90's my dad has 2 friends na naka Tamaraw. puro sakit ng ulo binigay sa kanila and walang katapusan ng kwentuhan yun in the afternoon. Di na daw tulad ng dati ang Toyota. later my dad bought his own Tamaraw FX. the other 2 friends sold their FX only to buy brand new FXs ulit (baka daw this time naayos na)
    Honestly, halos LAHAT ng sasakyan, may kanya-kanyang toyo/issues. May point nga lang bumili nung marami na nag-try/gumagamit para pag lumabas ang toyo, marami na rin marunong gumawa & with replacement parts.

Yung mga ibang less common brands from Korea, China, etc. minsan B.A.T.A. eh -- Buy And Throw Away after a few years of use...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    dito ako bilib na bilib sa Toyota...

madami kang maririnig na complains from existing owners...

mahina engine, mahina aircon, madaling masira, matagtag etc

Mga Daihatsu made units tulad ng Wigo, Avanza, Veloz at Rush yung sinasabing sirain at mahina?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Mga Daihatsu made units tulad ng Wigo, Avanza, Veloz at Rush yung sinasabing sirain at mahina?
    medyo matanda na ako...

I always found the 2E E90 na sirain and under powered (regular tune-ups was always a pain kasi may contact point pa sya)... funny kasi 2E din yung E100 ko (although wala na syang contact point).

3K '78 Tamaraw was borderline funny (dito ako natuto mag drive). 5K Tamaraw FX was annoying to drive.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Aside from the feedback from the Rush, and perhaps the Avanza (1.3 model) na anemic ang makina, I don't know about the others if mahina and/or sirain sila. Perhaps its because they were designed for economical driving?

Naturally, if you bought them expecting to go toe to toe with vehicles that can go 0-100kph in 6 sec or better, medyo out of touch naman ata with reality expectations nun.

Come to think of it, having a small engine displacement is not economical to operate, if mataas naman ang gross weight ng body & cargo/passenger capacity; or if you like to drive fast. Mababa nga displacement, lagi naman umiire at 3000+ RPM or higher, eh di magastos din.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Come to think of it, having a small engine displacement is not economical to operate, if mataas naman ang gross weight ng body & cargo/passenger capacity; or if you like to drive fast. Mababa nga displacement, lagi naman umiire at 3000+ RPM or higher, eh di magastos din.
    exactly. power to weight ratio is important.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Marami din CASA toyota compare sa ibang brands.
    Kaya siguro dami din bumibili.
    Kung malapit lang toyota CASA sa lugar nyo at bihira lang yung sa ibang brands, sa toyota nalang bibili.
    Lalo na required PMS at CASA para di ma void warranty.

Ex: In my place, there are only 2 Hyundai CASAs, but if you count Toyota CASAs, there are 12 more or less.
    Mitsubishi lang ata katapat nya in terms of CASA count.