New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    I read several reviews of the Rav4 2.5 gas and they describe the acceleration as "sluggish" and unresponsive. Does anyone own a Rav4 here? I understand reviews on how the SUV is quite comfortable and smooth, but I just wanna know whether you are happy with the engine performance. Is it responsive when accelerating?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    who says its sluggish? have you driven a 2.5L camry?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; May 16th, 2017 at 05:33 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    It has adequate power. Actually, among entry level variants, the Rav4 is a bargain. You can join Rav4clubPH in FB if you want to know more about the 4th-gen Rav4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not at all. In fact based on my short drives with these, it has better low-end versus the CR-V (which has better top-end).

It is adequate as aforementioned.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Our rav 4 does not feel sluggish at all.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Driven Gen1 5 door 4x4 AT, and now have Gen2 5door 4x4 AT, I will say Rav4 is the car for me.

Sent from my Lenovo PB2-650M using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've driven the current 2.5 RAV4 through provincial roads (my other option was a Honda CBR 1000, so no way).

The power was adequate in the sense that you'd never feel lacking whether you're cruising or overtaking. It's just that for a 2.5L 180 hp engine, it doesn't like being revved very much.

Most of the power is in the lower to mid rev range (before 5000 rpm). As you near redline, it becomes a droning noise that doesn't come with push-you-to-your-seat power.

I expected it to be markedly livelier than the 2.0 CX5 or 2.0 Forester, but those 2 cars felt more comfortable being driven at the redline compared to the RAV4.

I'm sure the acceleration numbers are good, but it just doesn't feel exciting to drive. As a cruiser though, it's more than adequate and it really won't make a fuss from zero to triple digit speeds.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk