New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa mahal ng gas ngayon. I choose vios...less maintenance for 3 year kasi bago pa.
    or kung habol mo yung SUV type, try mo Avanza, almost the same price as vios J.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Rav4 SV M/T '03 has the same engine as the Altis G 1.8 engine. Unless it is the 4x4 2.0 version. It does 8km/liter or better in city driving. Advantage is its ride height, which can travel thru flooded street. The rear seats can be removed to add additional cargo space.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It depends on your needs. BTW, will this be your secondary car? Ikaw ba gagamit?

The 2nd gen RAV4 is a coveted commodity in the second hand market for those who aspire for a gasoline CUV because of its slightly better FC than the Ford Escape and Nissan Extrail. Mas matipid due to its lower engine displacement. Mas bagay for a bachelor and for those with a small family. Mas may dating ika nga.

Mas practical ang Vios as they say. More pedestrian nga lang kasi ang dami na.
    Dehado din utility-wise.

If your sensitive to the gas prices, the subcompact it is.
    For versatility, the RAV4 is a better car.

For a 5 year old car, something gotta give despite its apparent excellent condition so prepare to spend. Just check for the big item changes ---aircon compressor, power steering, distributor, alternator---and overall engine performance para di ka malalakihan gastos in the short term after purchase. Suspension bushings, engine support, radiator medyo magaan lang i-shell out ang gastos sa labas ng casa.

If you can afford and maintain it, the RAV4 then.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sana kung E variant nga... vois na. no brainer na for me...

advantage of vios
    tipid sa gas
    brand new
    matagal bago ka bigyan ng problema
    3 years warranty

advantage ng rav4
    wafu.... well yun lang. hehehe

kaya in conclusion, vios na... pero tama na E variant na lang... sa panahon ngayon hindi na papansinin yung oto mo sa 2nd hand market (kung may balak ka na benta) kung hindi pa power windows and central lock.

hth

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    my dad has a 03 rav 4 SV m/t and its a great mini-SUV performance-wise, fuel economy-wise, exclusivity-wise and utility-wise. my dad's rav 4 has 45,000kms on its odometer and it still feels like new, we had no problems maintaining the car and had no extra expenses due to premature wear and tear. but the odometer reading will soon increase which equates to higher maintenance price since more parts will need to be replaced. the brand new vios, on the other hand, will provide 3 years of worry-free driving and better fuel economy minus the utility, ride height, performance and exclusivity available in the RAV4. if you want the best of both worlds why not consider the new avanza j which has the same ride height of the 03 rav4, available third row seats, better fuel economy than the rav4, 3 years/100,000kms warranty. hope this could help. thank you!!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    guys, first car ko sana ito. napag-isip nyo ako bigla. between vios 1.3 E and Avanza 1.3 J, anu pipiliin nyo? pang-city driving at 4 lang kami sa family. salamat po ulet.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wifi88 View Post
    guys, first car ko sana ito. napag-isip nyo ako bigla. between vios 1.3 E and Avanza 1.3 J, anu pipiliin nyo? pang-city driving at 4 lang kami sa family. salamat po ulet.
    since 4 na kayo...go na sa avanza J. ako, 4 din kami + 2 yaya's pa. free yung space sa 4rd row for gamit pag byahe kami. pang family MPV talaga!

visit mo this thread http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25872.

Join APC once you decided to buy an Avanza.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wifi88 View Post
    it depends... kung 4 kayo sa family and may kasama helpers... definitely. get the avanza. pero kung 4 lang talaga and no plans to add more in the family () vios would be ok all power pa yung E variant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Rav4 especially if it's in an excellent condition.

Personally, I find the Vios so ho-hum... which if fine by the hordes of people who buy one for its intended purpose. Not a bad choice really for a new car, it has a frugal engine, a quite spacious interior, better looking than its competitor, etc...

Our Rav4 just passed the 115,000 km mark (almost 6 years)... no major headaches except for the power steering leak before. If you have it serviced at Speedyfix or Autotechnika, the maintenance cost is definitely lower than in a casa (imagine I spend 5-6K for an fully synthetic oil change before at the casa whereas I only pay Speedyfix 2K+ for one).

FC is at 8-9km/L for me... that includes some spirited driving in the highway and heavy traffic along EDSA. The FC of the 1.8L SV variant is lower to note... around 10-11km/L. Though the Vios 1.3L's fuel consumption will be lower than that.

If this is your first vehicle, choose...

1. A "headache" free first few years... the casa will take care of everything... just be prepared to pay premium for its maintenance (heck, you even have to pay for the rag that they use - WTF).

2. A not-so-smooth start, you'll encounter a problem here and there... but nothing that your trusted non-casa mechanic can fix. Along the way, you'll know more about your car, how a car works, etc.

And oh, even after a few years... the Rav4 will have a higher resale value. :D

bigbigcar.com Review: Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    completely agree with m2

matibay talaga ang rav4, though in terms of fuel economy hindi siya kasing tipid ng vios, but if you go for 4x2 rav4, matipid talaga sya among it's class.

i'm using my 4x2 rav4 for 5 years already, so far hindi pa naman ako binibigyan ng sakit sa ulo, til now fuel efficient pa rin siya, ever since din kasi kahit bago pa lang siya, lagi sa toyota ako nagpapa PMS, never ko pinagalaw yung engine sa non-toyota service center

lalo na kung yung lugar na madalas mo dadaan ay very prone to floods, magandang choice ang rav4. actually less than 2 months ago, nagkaroon ng mataas na baha due to bagyo, my rav4 almost floated na while running the street (i noticed kasi no matter how fast my wheel spins, dahan dahan pa rin ang abante ng car), saw other cars wouldn't dare go thru it, some vans even have to turn off their engine. at first i thought titirik na yung engine ko, but good thing it didn't, in fact i thought after a day may mangyayari sa rav4 ko, eh so far wala naman abnormal nangyari... thanks to it's durability

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Rav4 2003 m/t or Vios 2008 J m/t