New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just saw a doublepage advertisment by Toyota Phil yesterday sa STAR, it showed and was explaining the engineering technology of their hybrid engines. Does this mean Toyota plans to bring in the Toyota Prius hybrid or some other hybrid engined car? Maybe something to preempt Honda's plan to bring in a Honda Civic hybrid.
    Toyota Claims a 35km/L city driving fuel economy for the Hybrid. It would make it the most economical car in the phil but i suspect prices for the Toyota Prius to be above the 1M mark.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I doubt if Toyota Philippines is going to sell the Prius locally unless Honda is launching a hybrid car (hybrid civic?) into the local market.

As for the claimed fuel economy, unfortunately that claim is very very very hard to do in normal driving conditions (outside laboratory conditions).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i saw one running here in cebu.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If our fuel is suitable, then why not? Besides that, another problem would be the price. Taking that to Honda context, the price of an Insight is equal to a 1.6 Civic with a year's supply of gasoline. Producing hybrid cars that have a more affordable acquisition cost have yet to be developed. So far, these vehicles only do their job of saving resources.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I believe the very first Toyota Prius in the Philippines was a gift to GMA from Toyota Motors, around 2 years ago. The unit was sent over to the DOE for study. I wonder what happened to it?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I believe the very first Toyota Prius in the Philippines was a gift to GMA from Toyota Motors, around 2 years ago. The unit was sent over to the DOE for study. I wonder what happened to it?

Aba di ko nabalitaan yan ah..Baka kinalas kalas na nila at kinilo..
    Oks sana dalhin yan dito kaso ang mahal..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    puwede ba gawin ng govt i-reverse engineer yun toyota prius?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    As for the claimed fuel economy, unfortunately that claim is very very very hard to do in normal driving conditions (outside laboratory conditions).
    It seems like a 35km/L is overrated.

my co-worker gets an average of 50mpg (21km/L) city/highway driving and very normal driving conditions. Her 2002 Prius is rated 52/45 mpg.

Although, a Prius can run 100mpg when modified with 18 brick-sized batteries which will run you an extra $3,000 to have it installed.

35km/L=83.65mpg

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    i saw the ad today ... (medyo na excite ako) .. i do hope they come out dito pero sana hindi masyado mahal ... and that it can withstand our road conditions ... traffic ... flooding ... and the occassional shootout ...

for sure puro casa lang maintenance nito ..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    IMO, hindi naman siguro magsasayang ng pera sa ads ang Toyota Phil. kung di nila ilalabas ang Prius.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast