New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi, i'm currently considering the lease to own plan of toyota, however, i'm not sure if there's a catch after i completed the 2 years payment, concern here is transferring of the title to my name, aside from the 4k LTO fee, is there other hidden charges?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The only advantage of lease to own is you avoid paying chattel mortgage...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The only advantage of lease to own is you avoid paying chattel mortgage...
    And you can report it as operational expence.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah if its a business pero for an individual walang advantage ang pag report as operational expense...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nagbayad na lang kami ng chattel ayaw namin ng hassle na ganito. After mo bayaran yung kotse kaw ang maglalakad ng papers kasi sa Toyota nakapangalan yan. Kapag naman sayo nakapangalan after mo magbayad sa renewal sabay mo na lang pa cancel ng chattel mortgage isang abala lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks Guys, 25k kc ung chattel kaya nagdadalawang isip ako to pay for it...while s paglalakad daw ng papers s LTO is 4k, any other benefits of paying the chattel aside from the OR is under your name and hindi TFS/<your name>?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format.

Read the RULES.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    how much ang least to own 2 years pag avanza? meron ba 3 years, so parang ganun na nga lang rent na lang ako ng car then bago ulit after 3 years. btw, pano ang maintenance nito, kanila muna?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *JEW

Hindi ito US style lease a car. Its LEASE-TO-OWN. So in essence lease pero eventually you will own it. In conecpt pareho lang ito sa traditional loan just made as a LEASE so legally it is immune to chattel mortgage fees and can be treated as an expense in terms of accounting...

Sa US na LEASE. Yun talaga RENT. You sign a contract to rent a car for X number of years with a certain maximum mileage allowed. If you surpass the mileage allowed you pay a fine. You pay for its maintenance too. After X years is done you return it. So mga taong mabilis masawa sa kotse, LEASING is their choice. Pero mas mahal ang monthly payments ng LEASE kaysa sa monthly mortgage ng LOAN.

And LEASE will never work in our backwater car market... Cause LEASE vehicles in the US are normally sold as 2nd hand. Given how large and liquid the car market in the US is its easily to dispose a LEASED car and get a reasonable money back. Dito GOOD LUCK!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *ghosthunter, apologized for the offense, being used to other local forum's way of communication.

*JEW, they have 3 years, i think even up to 72 months.

Anyway, going back to the topic, i might opt to pay for the chattel mortgage as it's less hustle to transfer the title to my name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota lease to own or easy to own plan