New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I saw a couple of those Toyota Landcruiser in Manila and they look pretty nice. What's the info on these cars? The guy who owns one told me they stopped making those since the 1970s. The ones that I'm seeing around Manila are refurbished version. He advised that I shouldn't buy one unless I'm willing to shell out money and energy to restore these. He also said the parts are hard to come by and they are very expensive.

I don't know much about the Landcruiser. I think I want them because it looks like it's a car that is built for the Manila terrain. Some streets here are in bad shape. Railroad tracks here and there. Going up those steep parking lots. More importantly, it's high enough to drive through floods.

Are they 4 wheel drive? The guy was selling his for P300,000.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which land cruiser in particular? 40 series or 70 series (you're probably not referring to the 80 series right)?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think playdo's talking about the 40 series
    playdo visit the Trucks, SUV, AUV, Everything and Anything Diesel

there are countless threads about Toyota Landcruiser

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 40 series (the ones which look like Jeeps) were made up to 2001 (as the Toyota Banderiante in Brazil). A fully restored 40 series is for sale in Banawe for Php 450K. It was a showcar in 2001.

The 70 series (those boxy wagons) are still being made today in the Araco plant in Japan alongside LC100's. We have a '94 70 series wagon. We got it a year or two ago for around Php 600K.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Si Sir Olive may binebenta na LC 40 ata

here is the pic...

http://www.pbase.com/image/7014530

And yung ride ni Sir Olive dream LC ko hehe

eto po...

pogi pogi Mr. Suave pag naka sakay ka dyan :D :D :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi, meron ba kayo ma-recommend na good mechanic ng LC 80 Gas 3F engine 4L carb?

Saka madami pa kaming papagawa, fuel system, brakes, aircon, sounds. I hope I can get a reply soon. Thank you!

Toyota Landcruiser - need some facts