New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Subic LC80s usually has 1HDT engine, thats a 4.2ltr 6 cyclinder diesel, runs on an average of 8kms/liter. very torquey.

its hard to generalize if subic LCs are good or not. tiyempuhan din and dapat may kasama kang marunong sa LC. after buying, expect to spend more money/time for possible repairs. don't expect it to be like a brandnew.

are you from pampanga? i am.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rheas
    Tanong lang po, ano ba ang engine ng lc80? at ano po ang ave. fuel consumption nito? One more thing, what type of land cruiser is good on the budget conscious person, regarding fuel consumption and maintenance? Ok ba ang mga subic land cruiser?, Sorry ha napadami tanong.
    LC80 madaming engine. Local engine ng LC80 was a 4.2 inline six (tama ba mga gurus?) which made around 150 bhp.

Land Cruiser and budget conscious? Parang oxymoron iyan. You are buying a genuinely capable off-road vehicle which is now considered legendary so don't expect it to be cheap.

Subics are OK if you know how to fix them (hindi yung 'I have a trusted mechanic na magaling mag-ayos').

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thank you po sa inyo. So ok pala ang fuel consumption ng land cruiser kahit malaki ang makina nito. Tama ba yon?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    local lc80s are equipped with 1 hd t diesel engines 4200 liter 6 cylinders in line with a 165hp and 365 torque fuel consumption 6 to 7 km per liter. market price is still up to a million to 1.5mil depending on the condition. ride is very solid and stable.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    wow! Thats a planet pulling 365 torque figure!!!! I never imagined it to be like that. I got a chance to drive my old man's lc80. He got it 1.7M 1997 vx local version just last year. Ride is bumpy but engine is tourquey-licious!!! No problem overtaking cars. Hitting the hiways is easy. Ride height is tremendous! I feel like I could run over cars. I took a pic one time... in front of me was a vios. I could hardly see him. The engine is very quiet from the inside - more quiet than the d-max. I love the engine on this bad boy it has a very low deep growl. It feels like a tank - did I mention that I feel like I could run over any car on the road? Oh, it has a HUGE gas tank. I had to return it on a full tank, cost me 2000+

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gts,
    I read something from you kc i wanted to ask also which is good mags for my rides kasi i have stock mags which is 235x70R15 and i want to change it to a bigger one can i ask you and give me some suggestion which size of mags i prefer kc i prefer 18" mags

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ano ride mo?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gts,ang rides ko eh isuzu crosswind XUVi can you suggest which one is gud for my rides

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Hello:

i recently had a 2" ome suspension lift on my 70 series lc. i was wondering
    if i could fit 285-75-16 on it without any further mods. it's currenty on 265-75-16 tires and they look kinda small with the lift.
    thanks fro your replys.
    sir,
    kasya 285x75x16. correct me if i'm wrong. stock mags niyan 16x6.5. better change the mags too. pang LC80 mags kasya din.
    siguro hanggang 305x70x16 kasya. malaki naman ang wheel well ng LC70.

pajero ko naka 285x75x16 bridgestone mud terrain tires. fits perfectly on stock fieldmaster mags.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006

A new Toyota Land Cruiser 70 with a 4.5L V8 turbo diesel was just announced for the Australian market. It will go on sale at the end of March.

Anyone here willing to bet that the new Tundra, Sequoia, (our) Land Cruiser, and the Lexus siblings won't also see this engine shortly? I say it will happen about the same time that Ford and Dodge introduce their all-new 1/2-ton diesels.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Toyota Land Cruiser (70 Series) Owners & Discussions [Merged]