New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    tama yung isang comment....both are easy to maintain...pero kung matagalan, go for the gas...if you would go for the diesel,base lang sa mga nabasa ko,kahit Toyota owner ako,most prefer Mitsubishi for the diesel KUNG pangmatagalan..mintenance wise kasi ng gas engines in the long run will even up with the fuel cost for the diesel engine...although malakas sa gas ang vvt-i but compared sa maintenance ng diesel of a 6years+ aged cars, malaki na talaga maintenance nya....this is just my observation and opinion..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Im in a similar situation. Choosing between the Avanza 1.5G a/t or an Innova E a/t vvti or crdi.

Point of consoiserations are:
    - daily ride with only the driver (me or wifey) mon to Friday
    - weekend trips to the grocery and church with 2 kids, me and wifey plus yaya and my sister (total 6)
    - twice to thrice a yeartrips to the province up north (about 1000km round trip)
    - since daily ride to work, suspension should be comfortable and not bouncy.
    - max budget is between 800-950K. The current innova has 70k discount as per SA as they are releasing the facelifted version very soon.

Hope you can belp me decide.

Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post
    Im in a similar situation. Choosing between the Avanza 1.5G a/t or an Innova E a/t vvti or crdi.

- weekend trips to the grocery and church with 2 kids, me and wifey plus yaya and my sister (total 6)
    - twice to thrice a yeartrips to the province up north (about 1000km round trip)
    - max budget is between 800-950K. The current innova has 70k discount as per SA as they are releasing the facelifted version very soon.

Innova with the D4-D will be the most suitable for you. Due to the internal space it would be more comfortable, and more fuel-efficient than the VVT-i.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post

I have both. The Avanza FC is not very good. I get around 7 to 8 km/ltr city driving. Dont like using it on the highway. Not very stable, lots of body roll.

I have the Innova J D4D and its very frugal. Since its driver driven, I'm not sure what the actual FC is. However, when we were using the Avanza, a full tank of gas will last a week. Now with the Innova, it last at least 1.5 weeks with more trips (my youngest is now going to preschool).

Comfort, I prefer the Innova's ride. Could be bec the Avanza is 5 years old while the Innova is less than a year old. Space, Innova wins. Both will seat 8 but the Innova has more elbow, leg and trunk space.

You will really apprecite the frugal D4D on those 1000 km round trips.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    meron po kami:
    2000 Revo Diesel GL (dad) - sold last Jan 2012 (180T kms odometer)
    2003 Revo Gas 2.0 (mine) - still with us (130T kms odometer)

mas marami ng repairs and maintenance yung revo diesel ni erpats (pero never na open engine), like overheat, overhauled radiator, replaced radiator, replaced brake master cylinder, changed timing belt twice, replaced sanden compressor.. and mga usual na wear and tear na parts ng pms.... btw, needs fuel filter replacement every 20T kms

yung revo gas 2.0 1RZ - replaced clutch repair kit, sira lang yung power antenna, mga usual wear and tear na parts ng pms, needs fuel filter replacement every 40Tkms yun lang ..sobraaaaaaaaaaaa sa lakas sa gas nito, pero yun lang hehe

kung less than 5yrs.. go for Innova Diesel
    kung more than 5yrs.. go for Innova Gas

On the long run, a single diesel engine overhaul, despite the higher cost than a single gasoline-powered engine overhaul, is still cheaper than 2 or 3 gasoline-engine overhauls depending on how far would the engine run...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa napanood ko sa Discovery Turbo Fifth Gear may comparo ang gas vs diesel with the same traffic condition. They recommended owning a gas variant than diesel. Those who watched it may confirm. Sa laki nga ng SRP difference ng gas vs diesel ay malaking factor ito.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I recommended diesel, wifey want gasoline for her car. Wifey wins. LOL

will get one soon: Innova E, M/T, Gasoline.
    Last edited by meledson; February 9th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post

The Supreme Court has ruled eh. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post

haha, same here bro wifey talaga ang nasusunod.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova J gas or diesel?