New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Good day mga sir/ma'am.

I read a lot of topics here in the forum, and i really learned a lot, especially when it comes to financial status on getting a brand new car or consider a 2nd hand.

I dont know if this thread is proper or should i just post in innova thread, but i guess i have different dilemma. most of them there post brand new innovas, so im not so much related.

We considered on buying brand new such as eon, vios, and accent hatch. but all the horrors i read on repos because of financial struggle that we cant predict anytime, thats why i considered na next time na lang ang brand new kung talagang may financial security na. its really hard to gamble.

But my main concern is, if i consider this unit, the problem is the maintenance. im a bit hesitant its near to overhauling state.

its used for 7 years, used by our company as a service.

if you were on my shoes, what first would you check/fix to use this in optimum condition?

im kinda sure fuel consumption is highly affected by its condition. thats our first goal, good fuel consumption.

i will highly appreciate your time to list all the things to check/fix. though im not yet sure what is the condition of the unit. but since a lot of users of d4d are having troubles, headaches and horrors such as hard starting, power loss, smoke belching and the like. some had fixed theirs by just changing scv, some almost changed the whole fuel injection system, etc.

please, can someone enumerate what is the most priority to check to eliminate this issues.

and another query, how much and where can i get these items to be installed (in tight budget):

1. keyless entry/alarm
    2. power window/central door lock
    3. hubcap (no budget yet for mags)

but my top priority is to eliminate those unexpected issue that might occur anytime such as those major problems power loss, smoke belching, etc.

im quite sure i didnt notice this in our previous innova G 2008, though i noticed some smoke belching in hard acceleration.

i asked all these things because i dont want going first into mechanics/shops and quote me with those very non sense fix just to make money.

thanks much.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first, i would ask the mechanics in our company, those who service her, whether the vehicle is in good condition or not. what is the odometer reading? if they say the vehicle is not in good condition, then don't buy it.
    ask about maintenance.. how much every how long..
    yung keyless, power windows, hubcaps.. ewanko.. baka 10-15K..
    black exhaust on sudden flooring? every other diesel, even factory-fresh ones, will do that. but if you can manage to have her smoke emission-tested before buying...
    good luck.

errr... D4D users having headaches and horrors? ...as a model, that might be a little difficult to believe... it's not one of the two best-selling-est vehicles for the past decade for nothin'... i have two of them, myself..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 4th, 2014 at 01:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    first, i would ask the mechanics in our company, those who service her, whether the vehicle is in good condition or not. what is the odometer reading? if they say the vehicle is not in good condition, then don't buy it.
    ask about maintenance.. how much every how long..
    yung keyless, power windows, hubcaps.. ewanko.. baka 10-15K..
    black exhaust on sudden flooring? every other diesel, even factory-fresh ones, will do that. but if you can manage to have her smoke emission-tested before buying...
    good luck.

errr... D4D users having headaches and horrors? ...as a model, that might be a little difficult to believe... it's not one of the two best-selling-est vehicles for the past decade for nothin'... i have two of them, myself..
    im sorry, misleading po ata yung topic ko, "consider" means, instead of buying new car, kukunin ko na lang yung car ng company namin, as in no need to pay, kasi sa amin naman talaga. hehe. kaso manggagaling pa ng mindanao kaya di ko po sure kung anong condition, thats why i asked what to do first, kasi as for now, nasa drawing board pa lang din ako kung anung condition.

sa odo naman po, ill ask tomorrow, actually i just decided before i posted here.

im quite sure pa naman na hindi sila mahilig mag pms, kaya im really doubtful, lalo na yung turbo nya, baka sira na, dahil wala silang idea dun sa cool down techniques. haayss. hirap kasi gumamble sa brand new, hirap na, hehe. so baka tsumamba pa ako dito, ginagamit pa naman nila, sigurado lang ako na hindi nila alam kung anu ang optimum condition, basta tumatakbo, gamit lang. haha.

"errr... D4D users having headaches and horrors? ...as a model, that might be a little difficult to believe... it's not one of the two best-selling-est vehicles for the past decade for nothin'... i have two of them, myself.. "

what do you mean sir?

======

anyway, bat nawala na yung like button dito? just to show appreciation lang sana.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    your words: ".... but since a lot of users of d4d are having troubles, headaches and horrors such as hard starting, power loss, smoke belching and the like...."

my reply: "actually, a lot of D4D users are very satisfied, driving their innovas!"

now, if the vehicle were being sent to you for free, and to be used by you for free, what's the problem?.. maintenance is ordinary.. but if you are not satisfied, just send it back! or pagawa mo! ... libre naman, e.. or send it to me!
    ikaw naman... libre na nga.. gusto pa brand new condition... heh heh.

how i wish i were in your shoes...

but seriously.. it's a used car.. no better and no worse a gamble than the other used cars out there.. but the price is right! (free, 'di ba?)
    Last edited by dr. d; December 4th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the mileage and service of the Innova in question? You can start from there so inputs may be given on what you may have to check.

Libre ba kamo? That's good even if some repairs have to be done. As long as the vehicle was serviced regularly, and used properly, even if it's high mileage, then it should still be reliable after a look over.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    your words: ".... but since a lot of users of d4d are having troubles, headaches and horrors such as hard starting, power loss, smoke belching and the like...."

my reply: "actually, a lot of D4D users are very satisfied, driving their innovas!"

now, if the vehicle were being sent to you for free, and to be used by you for free, what's the problem?.. maintenance is ordinary.. but if you are not satisfied, just send it back! or pagawa mo! ... libre naman, e.. or send it to me!
    ikaw naman... libre na nga.. gusto pa brand new condition... heh heh.

how i wish i were in your shoes...

but seriously.. it's a used car.. no better and no worse a gamble than the other used cars out there.. but the price is right! (free, 'di ba?)
    ahaha, syempre sa brand new sir, andun din yung "want" feeling kasi, for now natingga ako ng walang kotse for 4 months, thats why may "if" and "then"

If innova (used and might had been abused), then baka yung MA sa brand new eh mapupunta sa maintenance and repairs dito. consider pa yung shipping ng unit, etc etc. hehe.

If brand new (accent hatch preferably), we dont know until when we can withstand the MA, since business is up and down. but, less headache on its condition (except if lemon), ako mismo magbebreak in, ako mismo mag aalaga, etc.

Yung innova kasi, nung kasagsagan pa ng negosyo namin yun, pero dun, wala na akong aalalahaning monthly. yung mga hidden issues na lang problema, and the worst kung major yung problem. haha.

anyway, thanks sa input sir, for now, there is still a doubt.

i know most will say "libre na nga why not", pero i have long story to explain and its too personal na. hehe. basta ang pinaka summary ng story is:

if innova, then no more bnew, and be ready if there are major problems since 7 years na to, and almost every business days sya nagagamit.

if bnew, then take note of monthly ammort, and no more innova.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What's the mileage and service of the Innova in question? You can start from there so inputs may be given on what you may have to check.

Libre ba kamo? That's good even if some repairs have to be done. As long as the vehicle was serviced regularly, and used properly, even if it's high mileage, then it should still be reliable after a look over.
    mileage sir, ill post later, masyado pang maaga para tumawag sa mindanao, hehe.

regarding dun sa kung panu ito ginamit, im a bit sure medyo abused, and not properly maintained. i know my mom how she handle cars, saka lang napupunta sa kasa pag may umilaw sa dashboard, hahaha. pero change oil, sumusunod naman sa every 10k.

thanks.

===================

anyway, lihis muna sa kung anung pipiliin, of course much better yung brand new kung kayang kaya, and better din sa libre, why not diba? haha.

the main topic po is how to put it back on its optimal condition, consider that it is already 7 yrs old.

ill be posting the odometer later, and its condition in layman's term na ibibigay nila saking info.

maraming salamat po.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    10K...? 'di ba every 5K..?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    10K...? 'di ba every 5K..?
    Umm, diba 5k top up, then 10k change oil? If mali yung 10k,then candidate na pala yung innova. Hehe