New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Tumpak! same spot on my gas tank.
    bakit nagkaproblema ka rin sir Cast sa Gas tank? Innova 2005 manual? kailan at what milage?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Unserviceable kasi yun lintek na charcoal canister na yun. in short DISPOSABLE!
    Sir cast, this is so true...wala man lng indicator na kailangan na palitan yung charcoal canister..kaka bwiset nga eh..i will be posting pictures of the defective canister and the gas tank na pinagawa ko sa carzone..pag na ulit itong tagas papa bypass ko nah

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnoc View Post
    Sir cast, this is so true...wala man lng indicator na kailangan na palitan yung charcoal canister..kaka bwiset nga eh..i will be posting pictures of the defective canister and the gas tank na pinagawa ko sa carzone..pag na ulit itong tagas papa bypass ko nah
    Bakit bro.? Mayroon bang outside physical manifestation ang defective charcoal canister?

16.4K:bond:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bakit bro.? Mayroon bang outside physical manifestation ang defective charcoal canister?

Sir cvt, there are no defects from the outside..i think we need to really open the inside to really check why it is not sucking the fuel vapors instead of warping our gas tanks..i will be checking if it is clogged.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    bakit nagkaproblema ka rin sir Cast sa Gas tank? Innova 2005 manual? kailan at what milage?
    Read back ka mam hehe. Yup nagkaproblem din ako around april this year.
    Mine is 2006 G A/T model.
    I believe wala siya sa mileage? kasi yun sa tita ko almost the same time namin na encounter yun leaking gas tank.
    Her ride is 2005 model, nasa 50k km pa lang ang tinakbo nun. yung sakin nasa 110k km na ang tinakbo.
    and if you read back, meron ako nabasa dito sa thread wala pang 1 year nagka leak na din BRAND NEW HA!.
    It all depends sa charcoal canister, the worst part walang makakaalam kung kailan siya masisira.
    Observe observe observe na lang, check your gas tank for dents.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sorry but im lost, how can we bypass the charcoal canister?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sorry but im lost, how can we bypass the charcoal canister?
    Hmm..sir cast its either bypass/removal..just a rough idea here is the link

carbon canister removal - Hardtuned.net

As per Carzone mechanics, they had bypass/removed canisters from other cars but not yet on an innova..quite risky i suppose but if it is only for emissions what the heck..my yamaha bike does not have one..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sir cvt, there are no defects from the outside..i think we need to really open the inside to really check why it is not sucking the fuel vapors instead of warping our gas tanks..i will be checking if it is clogged.
    Here are the pictures of the crazy canister..another question.. should our check engine light come up because of this canister issue and alert us the problem?!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Thanks bro.,- waiting for the results of your operation.....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Here are the pictures of the crazy canister the fuel tank..another question.. should our check engine light come up because of this canister issue and alert us the problem?!

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes