New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sir Cast,

Thanks po sa advice..
    Pa share po nung shop name/contact details for gas tank repair and where to purchase of the canister & fuel filler?
    If we have the part numbers for the defective units e.g Charcoal canister and the filler cap pa share na din po.
    I am sourcing all the options i got and see where it would lead me.

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    May bago nanaman palang biktima.

* nicnoc
    Have it fixed, huwag mo na papalitan sa casa. Unless may budget ka naman talaga? on my part nanghinayang ako since pwede naman irepair yun leak. Buy new charcoal canister na lang, this friday i'll be changing my filler cap na din.

Swerte nga ni mile2 yun 2nd gas tank warp niya sinagot na ng Toyota kaso mukhang long shot at mahabang discussion sa casa yan kaya hindi ko na ginaya. Immediate dapat yung remedy since masyado nakakatakot kung magliyab ka sa daan.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    * nicnoc

This is just to give you some idea on how to deal with the gas tank problem.

My first warped gas tank was replaced using insurance claim, just did an affidavit of Own Damage and quotation fom casa. My insurance just issued an LOA to casa and it was fixed. Problem was casa and insurance did not replace the charcoal cannister that led to reoccurance of warping gas tank.

My second warped gas tank was replaced by Toyota, I wrote a letter demanding that my gas tank should be replaced citing this is now due to factory defect and it happened twice within the warranty period. Toyota did replaced 3 items, gas tank assembly, charcoal cannister and filler cap. Gas tank warping problem gone since 2008.

Some owner here, opt to have their gas tank leak repaired outside, spot welding plates on top of the affected area and just bought Charcoal cannister from Banawe. This would cost around P10K only compare to casa repair cost of around P30K++

Please back read the whole thread so you can be guided on how to deal with the problem. Good luck.
    Very good advice Sir. Thank you. Kindly share the banawe shop details. Sir would you know if there is an online parts catalogue for our innova? I went to carzone this morning and spoke to Sir Jhonny and he said has does not have any innovas with the same problem as ours.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    di naman dapat covered ng warranty yan kasi factory defect yan. dapat yan palitan ng libre ng toyota kahit out of warranty na. AFAIK wala naman wear and tear ang gas tank. dapat it would last the lifetime of the vehicle unles tinamaan o sumayad sa matalim na bagay at nag leak. yun samin 4 years old na pinalitan nila libre. buti wala pa naman nagliyab na innova
    Sir Jay, i am sourcing out all the options i got..pa pm na lng po nung toyota dealer where they accepted the repair even if your innova is out of store warranty..maraming pong salamat talaga..and really Appreciate all the help and feedback.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    May bago nanaman palang biktima.

* nicnoc
    Have it fixed, huwag mo na papalitan sa casa. Unless may budget ka naman talaga? on my part nanghinayang ako since pwede naman irepair yun leak. Buy new charcoal canister na lang, this friday i'll be changing my filler cap na din.

Swerte nga ni mile2 yun 2nd gas tank warp niya sinagot na ng Toyota kaso mukhang long shot at mahabang discussion sa casa yan kaya hindi ko na ginaya. Immediate dapat yung remedy since masyado nakakatakot kung magliyab ka sa daan.
    Sir Cast,

Pa bigay naman ng idea kung how much ang charcoal canister at filler cap. at ano po ang porma nito? no idea ><

2005 po Innova namin since 2005 upto now hindi pa po napalitan ng charcoal canister at filler cap.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Read back kayo hehe, si mile2 ata nagpost ng picture nung charcoal canister.
    About the shop na pinagpagawan ko, maraming ganun yun along the road that repairs radiators/welding shops.
    The scary part is marunong dapat sila mag alis nung gas tank.
    About the charcoal canister nag canvass ako dati, same price lang sa casa and outside casa that sells toyota genuine parts around 9500 ata if im not mistaken. Nakabili ako 4000 lang kaso abroad binili swerte lang kasi pauwi na erpats ko kaya libre na yun shipping.

*kristine 2005 model sayo? kumusta naman? wala pa naman leak or dent sa gas tank? yung sa tita ko 05 model din sabay kami nagkaron ng leak, funny thing dinala niya sa casa innova niya, wala talaga ata idea ang toyota sa defect or talagang denial lang sila. They only changed the gas tank, charcoal canister hindi na inadvise palitan, ayaw naman makinig sakin ng tita ko mas tiwala siya sa sinasabi ng casa. Inaantay ko na lang mag leak ulit gas tank niya.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    My reason for not having full tank since the 2 warped gas tank woes was I'm having the impression that one of the reason for warp gas tank problem was the strap support design itself. The weight of the gas tank with full tank was causing a downward pressure in some driving condition like if the car was moving forward and the road has a lot of potholes, the large frontal area of the gas tank is somewhat very far from the 1st/front strap. To those who had this problem we can all agree that the leak manifest just beneath the 1st/front strap support and this suggest something that it is the break point when a downward pressure occurs on the large frontal volume of the gas tank that has no support from front tip to the 1st/front strap support.
    Yup same spot of damage. Kaso mile2 on my part hindi naman ako madalas mag full tank, i just full tank pag long drive for province and bihira lang yun. Usually lagi lang 20 liters pinapakarga ko, pag umilaw na yun gauge 20 liters ulit. Kaya nga im puzzled bakit dun sa spot na yun ang damage? very unusual talaga. Gas tank should last for a lifetime unless tinamaan or sumayad ka.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Judging from your posts, factory defect na ng Toyota iyan, dapat gumawa sila ng recall at hindi ang pobreng may ari ang gagastos sa pag repair ng gas tank and charcoal canister.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnoc View Post
    Sir Jay, i am sourcing out all the options i got..pa pm na lng po nung toyota dealer where they accepted the repair even if your innova is out of store warranty..maraming pong salamat talaga..and really Appreciate all the help and feedback.
    toyota quezon ave. insist on having the tank repaired or better yet replaced since factory defect yan not related to warranty( normal wear and tear) issues.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Judging from your posts, factory defect na ng Toyota iyan, dapat gumawa sila ng recall at hindi ang pobreng may ari ang gagastos sa pag repair ng gas tank and charcoal canister.
    Sir falken is totally correct..we should demand for a recall..i spoke to one of the sa in toyota pasig..he had a hard time explaining this known issue to me..but he agreed it is a known issue but not a recall..i am not sure what is the difference..he kept explaining the technical side of things..and he agreed that the root cause is the charcoal canister...i got the part numbers ..the tank, the canister and the cap here but i left it in the car..i will surely post it later for reference..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Another option is to make a legal action on this issue. Any kind lawyer here that would help in the papers will be a blessing..and all innova vvti owners old or new or potential buyers will benefit on this..as i have read there was no change in the part numbers for the newer models so it is not been resolved...all affected units should gather and sign the paper and ask for damages even..

Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes