New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi. can anybody help me regarding Toyota Innova D4D power loss. Mine is Innova E manual 2006 model and has done 150,000km. Have replaced timing belt and reset warning light. I have new air cleaner and fuel filter. Scanner does not detect any fault. It starts easily and does not stall at all. I experience speed loss when going up an incline (C5 Ortigas flyover) where I have to shift to low gear to try to maintain speed. Have difficulty going up basement parking ramps and need some bwelo to manage to get up. Definitely not clutch problem since engine RPM goes down together with speed and may stall. It has very poor acceleration but seems to be fine a low driving speeds, say up to 40kph. But acceleration is very poor when I enter SLEX or NLEX. I will appreciate any help. God bless.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd try to check out for dirty injectors. This was the similar problem on my friend's Patrol before (although it wasnt a CRDI unit). Maybe you can try some Liqui Moly diesel purge or go to a diesel calibration shop for the CRDi system to be checked.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi, try to bring your innova to central diesel in quezon ave corner sgt magbanua. i have the same issue like yours. The culprit is the injectors.

Toyota Innova D4D diese power loss