New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 200 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *richardesc: Wow, 6 weeks!?! Who was your dealer, sir?

Actually we wanted to pay it in cash, full, but we have decided to go with loan but we want to pay it in 1 year max so I asked from different dealerships 50% DP, 1 year to pay. Otis gave us the best offer.

Then I asked our bank, the difference was almost +/-1.5k. So multiply that by 12, that's +/- 18,000 difference thus we have decided to go with bank PO.

Our agent told us that bank PO is not a priority but that doesn't mean that we will never get our unit anymore coz they will always put us last on the list.

But they told us that what they have is the 2 tone and if we want, we can get a unit faster since the monotone takes longer time to arrive. I am not a fan of the 2 tone. I prefer the mono since for me, I like more the contrast of the chrome grille and the back chrome accent match the all white color of the body.

So you got your unit August 15. How are you liking your unit so far, sir? You must be loving those leather wrapped captain seats already.hehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi. Got our unit from Toyota Alabang since it's the nearest dealership. You're right, the two tone is much readily available and was offered to me too but I insisted on the monotone. I like the all white front bumber contrasting the new chrome grill design. I guess I was just lucky that there was an allocation for me. I am the only one who ordered the monotone. Almost all of their clients prefers the two tone. The captain seats are comfy according to my wife and kids. The leather used are of good quality. As I checked the unit, it's really CBU from Japan, except for the backup warning device device and the alarm system which I guess was installed here( base on the manual they gave me cuz it's clearly printed locally). I must say I am happy with the unit. Now the waiting game begins with the CAR PLATES...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    After reading the owners manual. How I wish our unit was equipped with little features(toys) to play with. Like the auto sliding door closer, rear view mirror mounted back up camera, DPF sensor and regenerator, more interior lights, etc. But I understand that this will definitely make the purchase price of the unit more prohibitive.
    Hopefully you'll get your unit ASAP.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Any suggestions for a good car mats for the super grandia ? Thank you

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *richardesc: I guess we have the same taste since that is also my reason why I am willing to wait for the monotone.

I wanna agree too that more people prefer the 2 tone, talking about the leather variant only, since I see more of that on the road than the monotone. Or perhaps what deters them from getting the monotone is the waiting time. If you are in hurry to acquire a unit and you don't like the lower variants, you would really bite their offer and just add 15k to get the 2 tone.

How about the headunit, I believe it has GPS navigation. Is that correct?

I am not going to ask you anymore how fast it runs since I didn't buy the SG for top speed and acceleration.hehe I want the comfort that it gives whenever I am sitting in it and not being tossed around as if there is a trophy at the destination for being the fastest.

That is why I was in a dilemma whether to get the SG leather or GS CVX before finally deciding to go with the SG. Imagine the SG is priced at 1.980M and the 2 tone is 1.995M while the GS CVX is 1.930M (quote from Eurostandard). At 1.930M, the toys, features of the GS beat the SG no question. But the SG for me really has a charm that no matter how good the other van is, I was willing to let them go since I love the SG more. Plus I prefer the seating configuration of the SG more than the GS. I find it more spacious and easier to move and seat 9 people comfortably at the back.

With the DPF sensor and regenerator, I am not sure if I should be happy that the SG doesn't have it since it is pretty much like the EGR, it is gonna give you headache when the vehicle gets older. Like the EGR, when it gets clogged with soot and carbon, it will make your vehicle run like crap until you have it replaced or cleaned. That means additional parts to be serviced and another added expense.

I think Toyota Philippines priced the SG like that is due to it is Japan CBU. I think the tax is higher hence resulting to more pricey unit.

For the car mats, I wonder if WeatherTech or the 3M Nomad has floor mats for the SG. They say that some shops in Banawe can make a custom matting for your car. Not sure though on the price.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi sir rna800.
    The headunit does have GPS navigation,Bluetooth,IPod/USB/Aux in. With regards to riding comfort, I must say its softer compared to the GS which we still use. Though, I can't remember how the ride was when our GS was brand new. Top speed? We'll I don't want to know nor try it. As I bought the SG for the family and safety is my concern. I will check out the shops in Banawe for the custom made mats if time permits.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Yes pls i want the weathertech type floormats but i dont know where to get them..pls inform us when you find the perfect mats for the SG..thanks

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *attorney: Sir, WeatherTech Philippines has an FB page. If you have an FB account, try to contact them and ask if they have floor mats for SG.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *richardesc: Try also ACE or TruValue, sir. If my mind serves me right, I think that was in SM Fairview or Megamall when I asked the salesman if they do customized matting and he said yes. All they need to do is to measure the floor area of your vehicle. The material/matting is pretty similar to a 3M Nomad.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If you guys want orig 3m matting customised try winter pine. Around 21k+

If you want 3m copy (also customised) try Team Auto Banawe, cost around 7k. Quality not that far from orig 3m

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]