New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2000
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mga sir sound deadening mat pwede kaya ilagay sa engine cover ng grandia para mabawasan yun ingay at heat sa ilalim driver seat..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *atog: Pwede din siguro, sir. I recalled sir miko101130 posted his deadening project with his father. Tanong mo kung pwede ba ung materials na ilagay sa engine bay. Baka kasi matunay.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *vinj: It really has more presence kasi para siyang refrigerator na may gulong.hehe But yes, iba talaga ang "dating" niya. Pag nakakakita nga ako ng earlier models, I still find them good lucking. Even the GL Grandia units, may magaganda akong nakikita. Other owners changed their tires to meatier tires and wow! I even saw a black GL unit and it was so slick! Ang ganda ng wheels and tires na ipinalit niya.

As to the horn, I am not keen on how the horns of the older models sound. But I find the sound the same as our Civic, City & Dmax. No, I don't find the sound "tiny" at all. It's so high pitched and piercing to the ears.

I also do DIY like cleaning the air filter, changing HL bulbs but this one golly! I find the SG a totally different vehicle. I didn't even know how to look at the engine at 1st that I had to consult its manual.hehe Iba talaga pag nasa ilalim ng seats ang engine. How is that, sir, do you think let's say they have to repair something major, can they access everything under the vehicle? Coz I don't they have a lot of room to move around when they repair it just by lifting the driver seat.

Are the sliding doors, when they get problematic, you can't open/close them manually? I recalled driving my cousin's, I think Toyota Sienna, when I was in the US, the passenger doors are automatic but hers wasn't problematic so I don't know what happens when they get problematic.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *akosidags: I think those who are saying that the ride is harsh is because they are driving it aggressively. For me, the last row is kinda bumpy as compared to the other rows but overall, I don't find the ride harsh at all and miles better than the Commuter variant that I rode before. Or maybe because the SG leather variant has an AT tires so they have a better effect on the van's ride.

Perhaps you can lessen the tire pressure if you find it bumpy.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *kjkarl: Nag tanong ka na ba sa dealer mo, sir? Baka meron ang Toyota mismo niyan. Or baka sa Banawe meron, siguro mga surplus.

You said that in your GL Grandia, instead na center console ay seat ang inilagay sa gitna? Mainit kasi yang part na yan sa SG ko, I wonder kung paano pa ung uupo diyan. Kasi pag naglalagay ako ng gamit sa center console, medyo warm ung gamit ko like wallet pag hinahawakan ko. Pero sa driver and passenger seats hindi naman. So paano pa kaya ung uupo diyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

Are the sliding doors, when they get problematic, you can't open/close them manually? I recalled driving my cousin's, I think Toyota Sienna, when I was in the US, the passenger doors are automatic but hers wasn't problematic so I don't know what happens when they get problematic.
    There is usually an override to the auto sliding doors. On the battery longevity issue, a good practice is to open and close the auto doors when the engine is running as much as possible.

As to the air filter, it's just a simple crawl under the van (front right side) to access the air filter. Make sure maayos lang lagi ang pagkabit after the vehicle is serviced.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We brought the van to Monasterio de Tarlac and there were some kinda steep climbs, walang kahirap hirap ang SG. Ipapasok ko lang sa 3 pag medyo kapos sa D and no problem na.

It was raining almost the whole day that day and the only time that it didn't rain was when we were in the place. Pagdating sa bahay, hindi na white ang color ng van, 2 tone na.hehe Ang dumi! Even the mirrors, puti/brownish na. I tried cleaning it, whew! what a good way to workout.

It has almost reached its 1k kms so due for service already. Sumabay pa ung PMS ng Dmax & repair ng Civic. Haay, ang daming gastos.hehe

*vinj, have you tried detailing your Grandia yourself? I wanted to try pero tinitignan ko palang kung gaano siya kalaki, nawawalan na ako ng gana.hehe Lalo ung sa claying and steps 1 & 2, baka matanggal ang braso ko. I think I have to rest for a week first.hehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yung 2014 model ng Hi-Ace Grandia GL meron nang upuan sa gitna ng driver's seat and passenger's sit sa front row. Yung earlier models like the 2010 until 2012 models, walang upuan sa gitna ng driver's seat and passenger's sit sa front row, meron lang plastic na console box at lagayan ng mga gamit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    *vinj, have you tried detailing your Grandia yourself? I wanted to try pero tinitignan ko palang kung gaano siya kalaki, nawawalan na ako ng gana.hehe Lalo ung sa claying and steps 1 & 2, baka matanggal ang braso ko. I think I have to rest for a week first.hehe
    I tried once... never again. Ipapa-detail nalang namin once a year. :D

Another thing. Mahina yung plastic sa side mirror mount it seems. Twice na natamaan yung amin while parked outside the house and twice nasira yung mount.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *vinj: hehe. Baka pag naisipan kong iDIY ung detailing nung akin, halfway through the van of the claying stage, baka nagmumura na ako and start saying to myself, "What have I gotten myself into."hehe Washing part palang pagod ka na.hehe

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]